Vol.1. Chapter 13.2 : A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Start from the beginning

Kouenji walked out of the room with his customary graceful strides. For Class B, seeing him like this was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Do your best today, Sudou-kun, while studying."

"Yea. Thanks." Sudou was ecstatic to receive the papers as well.

"This is a well-kept secret amongst the other classes! Let's all do well and achieve our goals!"

Ike shouted out with full determination, but I had to acquiesce. It's unnecessary to send assistance to the other classes. Everyone was in great spirits when they returned home.

———————————————————

"Cheers!" Eichiiro exclaimed with delight as everyone hoisted their cans of juice.

All of the students who were the tutors of the eight study groups gathered in the evening after school had concluded. Except for me and Horikita, everyone was giddy with delight because we had finally completed our job of instructing the members of our study group.

We made it through the hardships with the help of our friends. Is this what it means to be young? It doesn't seem so bad, I guess.

"What's up with your glum expression? Everything should be fine because today is the final before the midterms, right?" Matsuhita enquired, a sly grin on her face.

"I'm not opposed to a party, but why is it taking place in my room?" Exasperatedly, I sigh.

"Your room is very desolated and vacant. Ayanokouji,  it's a little strange that you don't have any unique furniture or decorations in your room." Yukimura was the one who spoke up.

"School has barely been in session for two months. It's stranger to have so much stuff in your room, rather." With rationality, I rebutted.

I don't require anything else but my everyday essentials.

"Kushida-chan, what are your thoughts on Ayanokouji's room?" Mii-Chan posed the query.

"It seems satisfactory to me. It has a simple, clean vibe to it." Kushida put in her two cents.

"However, in the grand scheme of things, this upcoming midterm is quite risky. Ike, Sudou, and Yamauchi would have been kicked out if we hadn't planned to hold study group  meetings." Eichiiro remarked, sarcastically mocking them.

"Ayanokouji-Kun's efforts are responsible for everything. He is entirely deserving of praise. After all, he was the one who first proposed the notion of forming a study club." Kushida complimented me profusely.

"You know, I still haven't forgiven you for making me an instructor." Matsuhita, who sat next to me, poked my cheeks with a teasing smirk.

"Well, it's not like I was forcing you to become one in the first place. You fared quite well on our recent exam, finishing in the top three of the entire class, alongside Yukimura and Horikita.  I also noted that you completed the test a lot more faster compared to the others. You must be a high-achieving student." I included little praise in my statement.

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow playfully after hearing what I said. "How did you know how quickly I finished the test? Were you perhaps staring at me the whole time while I was doing the exam?" Matsushita swooped down on me right away. She wore a smug grin on her face.

I see... So that's how she wants to play it. Matsuhita, your efforts are admirable. But, unfortunately, you've dug your own grave. Because I have a secret trump card you don't know about.

"That could be the case. But I'm simply repaying the favor." I shrugged jokingly. "Near the end of gym class, you were also staring at me with a very odd expression on your face. I've always been curious as to what you were thinking about at the time." I would've already flashed a proud and wisenheimer grin on my face if my emotions hadn't been so restrained.