Vol.1. Chapter 3.2 : Horikita Suzune

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

Ring!!!

The school bell rang once more, signaling the end of the day's classes.

"That concludes today's class. You are all dismissed." Sakagami-Sensei addressed us all. He exited the classroom quietly, clutching his clipboard and textbooks.

I grabbed my textbook and stationaries from my table and stuffed them into my bag. Then I snatched my bag and slung it over my shoulder. My classmates stood up one by one, either to hang out with their friends after school or to return to their dorms.

When I stood up, a sweet voice suddenly played over the speakers announcing something.

"At 5:00 PM Japan Standard Time today, we will be holding a student club fair in Gymnasium No. 1. Students interested in joining a club, please gather in Gymnasium No. 1." The voice announced.

5:00 PM? That's two hours from now. Should I become a member of a club? In my introduction, I mentioned that I was interested in finding new hobbies, but I also didn't want to join anything that would take up my free time after school, unless it was useful.

Kushida and her friends had invited me to hang out at Keyaki Mall with them, buying clothes and trying out the food court, but I had to decline because I and Horikita had some business to attend to.
When I turned to look at my seatmate, she was staring at me, gesticulating that she had been waiting for me for quite some time.

As a response, we both nodded at each other. Me and Horikita were about to leave the classroom when we were abruptly stopped by a crowd of girls.

"Ayanokouji-Kun!" A loud and feminine voice called out to me.

When I turned around to see who had suddenly called me so suddenly, I saw Karuizawa Kei and her group of gals with Hirata and Eichiiro standing behind them. They were waving at me, and I responded by waving back.

"What's up Karuizawa?" I asked.

"So, like, me and my friends were going to Keyaki Mall to hang out with Hirata-Kun and Matsuo-Kun. But then I thought, why don't you come join us? It'd be a lot more fun with you there!"

It appears that I've received another invitation to Keyaki Mall from a different group of girls. So this is what it's like to be popular with the opposite gender.

Eichiiro would always say that being bothered by girls was a curse that came with being popular, but I didn't find it particularly bothersome.

...

I should probably reconsider that conclusion before I start jinxing myself. Before I could give a reply, Horikita swiftly interrupted our conversation,

"Sorry Karuizawa-San, but unlike you and your friends wasting time at the mall, Ayanokouji and I already have more important matters to attend to," Horikita said bluntly.