Prologue : Part 1

??? POV

Once there was a man I looked up to.

A man who didn't have the intelligence of a genius, a man which many people would consider as "normal" or "average".

But that man had a dream. A dream to progress Japan even further than it is now. A dream to build a new generation of young Japanese men and women and shape them into the future of Japan. A dream to create growth for the younger generation of Japan that the world has never seen before.

He was a man I could proudly admire. A person who never gave up even when the odds were big. A man who shared the same dream as me and my father did.

What made him so admirable you ask? It was his determination. Despite not having the intelligence of a genius, despite not having the physics of an athlete, despite being doubted by many he never gave up.

He had the words to inspire even the most apathetic people. He had the charisma to show people that he truly was passionate about his dreams. A dream to make Japan greater than it ever was in the past. A man I used to proudly call my mentor.

A man I once proudly called Ayanokouji Sensei.

Of course, Ayanokouji-Sensei despite how inspiring his dreams were, despite how much we yearn for the same dream, we didn't share the same mindset

When my father retired as the chairman of a government-funded school called " Advanced Nurturing High School", the position of chairman was left for me to fill as I followed in my father's footsteps.

This school my father left me certainly was different than other schools, of course, it could be considered strange or unique depending on what you consider both words.

It was a school created and funded by the government to teach the most elite students currently residing in Japan. A school which judges you by your merit as a future contributor to Japanese society. A school that promises 100℅ guaranteed success of enrolling in a prestigious college or get a good-paying job.

Of course, not everything is as this school says. For instance, in this school, a hierarchy system is implemented with four different classes as the rankings.

Class A, Class B, Class C, and finally Class D.

What is the difference between these four classes you may ask?

Well just like the alphabetical order, Class A is considered the highest of highest in the hierarchy this school has implemented. Then it goes down and down until it reaches Class D. In which case the students who are enrolled in this class are known as the "defects" of the school. Every student in this class has a defect that is preventing them from placing in a higher class.

Why is this school unique? Well even if you are placed in such a lowly class as Class D or managed to place above every class as Class A, this school encourages competition between classes. Meaning even if you are placed in Class A, your position is never permanent and you could be overtaken by another class.

For example, this school has what it's called "Class Points" or CP for short. If somehow class C has more class points than Class A, the current Class A will drop its ranking to Class B while simultaneously the current class B would also be dragged down as the new Class C, and the current Class C would rise above the two classes to be the new Class A. This competition will continue constantly until the end of the students' third year where they will graduate as the class they are currently placed in.

You're probably asking yourself, "Why would a student deliberately aim for a higher class even though getting accepted and being enrolled in the school itself already guarantees your future?".