Vol.1. Chapter 1.2 : A King's Revelation

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"Why is a masterpiece lying around here without its owner?" The blonde man said those words to me.

As I heard those words, my composure cracked a bit and my eyes widened. How... Did he know? Has he visited me before? Was any of his family members related to my father in some way?

Alright, I need to calm down and breathe. I regained my composure quickly and replied to his words.

"Masterpiece? What do you mean by that?" I feigned ignorance. When I spoke those words he just looked at me for a bit then made a smug expression.

"You should be grateful that a divine being as I even took the time to compliment you. I know just how capable your abilities are compared to these defective mongrels. Ah, but don't get ahead of yourself boy, while I've acknowledged you, you'll still never come close to the perfect existence such as I." The blonde man replied to my question. His remarks angered a lot of my peers since they had felt they had been insulted but he paid no mind to the others.

"Know how capable I am? Sorry, but do I know you from somewhere?" This time I asked genuinely confused.

"AHAHAHAHAHA! Of course, you wouldn't know me but I definitely know who you are boy. I am Koenji Rokusuke, the next heir of the Koenji family. Be grateful as I don't introduce myself to people I deem as peasants. Show me something interesting Ayano boy for the years we'll be attending this school. I look forward to seeing what you truly are capable of." He declared.

As he was just about to leave my desk, he looked back at me once and our eyes met. He just gave me a smirk and I just looked at him with my apathetic face as a response. He returned to his seat later on.

I could see everyone in the class had different expressions. Some of them were conveying worry, anger, or ease that the situation had not turned into any unnecessary conflict. Some of my friends also looked a bit worried while the professor just smirked. I also noticed my Neighbour had her mouth opened with a bit of a surprised expression. I thought this was an opportunity to strike up a conversation with her and took it.

"Uh... Is there something wrong?" I asked my neighbor.

"Ah, it's nothing, sorry." She apologized. I wasn't gonna let the conversation end so I introduced myself.

"I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. It's nice to meet you." I spoke to her.

"Suddenly introducing yourself?" She asked.

"Well, I wanted to get to know my classmates more especially since your gonna be my seatmate. Ah, but if you don't want to introduce yourself you can just ignore me." I replied to her. I thought she wouldn't want anything to do with me so I didn't want to make a bad impression on her. She stayed silent for a few seconds before finally opening her mouth.

"Horikita Suzune."

"Hm?"

"That's my name. Although I've introduced myself to you, please do not think of us as friends. We are merely just seatmates. I've decided to tell you my name because I find you a bit interesting." She informed me.

"Ah, of course. But wait, what do you mean by you find me interesting?"

"The boy that just spoke to you, we rode the same bus to school, and he, that girl Kushida, and a passenger was making a fuss over a priority seat in the bus." She answered. But it was strange, how did she know the short beige-colored-haired girl's name, we haven't even done an introduction yet. Perhaps they had already greeted each other before coming here? Although that could be possible, it was unlikely considering she gave the impression of someone who didn't want others to trouble her. Though, don't judge a book by its cover they said.