Vol.1. Chapter 3.3 : The Not so Lonely Four

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

I was strolling around campus, minding my own business, when I felt a vibration from one of my pockets. I quickly took my phone from my pocket, and the screen displayed Miyake's contact information. I had apparently received a call from him. To answer his call, I slid the green button with a white telephone silhouette up towards the screen.

"Ayanokouji, yo!" Miyake greeted. His voice was audible, but there was some background noise from his phone indicating that he was somewhere crowded.

"What's up, Miyake?" I inquired, intrigued.

It was the first time we'd called each other. We had only exchanged text messages the day before. This morning, he texted that he would wait for me in the dormitory lobby, but he quickly informed me that if he waited any longer, he would be late for class, so he stopped waiting for me and went to class.

"Sorry for calling all of a sudden. I was just wondering if you would like to go to the club fair with us?" Miyake asked.

"Us? Who is accompanying you?"

"It's just Yukimura and a new friend I'd like to introduce you to!"

"The club fair, eh?"

Miyake, you are a lifesaver. I assumed I'd have to go to the gym by myself. I could have asked Karuizawa and her batch of gyaru gals or Kushida and her friends to accompany me, but it would be awkward to join either of them because I had already declined their invitation. After all, I thought I could ask Horikita to accompany me. Regrettably, this did not occur...

"Ah! But, if you already have someone or a group you're going with, you can just refuse. Given your popularity, it's really not a big deal."

"You don't need to be concerned. I haven't been invited to the club fair by anyone else." I lied as I easily breathed.

"Eh? Really? That's quite surprising to be honest. I expected all the girls in our class, and even girls from other classes, to swarm around you and try to persuade you to come with them to the gym to attend the club fair. "Miyake said in a stunned tone, unable to hide his surprise.

They did, I mean, but he didn't need to know. Even I wasn't that oblivious to how popular I am with the fairer sex. Surprisingly, Mii-chan has also shown signs of being romanticly interested in me based on our interactions. But, unfortunately for her, I had never felt the feeling of being in love before, so I absolutely held no affection towards her at this point.

But who knows what the future holds. Maybe one day I'll fall head over heels for someone like Eichiiro did with his childhood friend he keeps mentioning. He hasn't realized his own feelings for her, however. And he refers to me as dense...

"Well, things don't always go as expected do they?"

"Yeah... So does that mean you'll accompany us to the club fair?"

"Well, there's no reason for me to say no. So, yeah, I'll see you all at the gym." I told him.

"That's fantastic! Oh, I hope you don't mind if we bring our new friend with us."

"I wouldn't mind meeting new people and making new connections, so yeah, I don't mind."

"Great! We'll meet near the gymnasium. I'm going to hang up now because the place is getting a little rowdy and crowded. Yukimura and I will be waiting for your arrival. See you later Ayanokouji!" Miyake said his goodbyes as he hung up the phone.

A new potential friend, eh? It wasn't something I was opposed to. Actually, I'd like to meet more people my age. Every one of my classmates I've interacted with so far has been a member of some sort of clique or social group, so getting to know more about my classmates individually would be beneficial.