Twenty Nine

"What's wrong?"

Quinn questioned Santana, studying her face intently through the glass of the recording studio that she happened to have in her house. It was a long story, but when Quinn's parents found out she could sing at the ripe age of 10, they decided she must become a pop star, building her a recording studio for Christmas. But Quinn, ever a disappointment, had no interest in using all of the equipment. Now, funnily enough, she had a use for it.

"Nothing's wrong."

Quinn raised her eyebrows.

"What if I'm not good enough?"

"What?"

"What if we both put all this work into a portfolio, and I end up having to go back to Louisville because no music schools will take me?"

"Santana, I've known you for practically your whole life, and you've always risen to the occasion. NHSM would be stupid not to accept you."

"Maybe I'm good for Lima, but there's so much talent everywhere else. How do we know I even have a shot?"

"Where is this coming from?"

"Hm?" Santana questioned.

"I have never once seen you struggle with confidence, at least not to this degree. What's going on?"

Quinn stood up, opening the door that separated the two girls. She stood behind the chair where Santana sat, wrapping the now-shaking girl in her arms.

"I'm afraid that if I don't make it in, I'm gonna lose you. You saw how long distance worked out with me and Brittany."

"Hey," Quinn responded, her voice softening. She let go of Santana, spinning the chair around to face her and bending down so she could look directly into her girlfriend's deep brown eyes. "You don't need to worry about us. Whether you get into NHSM and move to New Haven or you don't, we'll figure it out."

Santana nodded, afraid that if she spoke, she'd begin to cry.

Quinn hugged her once more, inhaling the scent of her lavender shampoo.

"Let's take a break and get something to eat. Then, we can finish today's recordings."

. . .

After a quick lunch at the Lima Bean, the girls returned to their recording session with high spirits. Santana's vocals were flawless, and after merely an hour, they'd gotten the perfect take of her first song for the portfolio.

"Can I tell you something?" Santana asked, attempting to hide her smile.

Quinn nodded eagerly, sensing that good news was coming.

"I got my grades back in the mail yesterday."

"Yesterday? and you didn't tell me?" Quinn was bursting with nerves and excitement.

"I passed all my classes. Even trig."

Quinn squealed with joy, Santana judging her at first but eventually joining in.

"I have good news too," Quinn paused her squealing, struggling to speak for lack of breath.

Santana paused her celebration as well, eagerly awaiting the news.

"I came out to Frannie yesterday."

Santana's breath hitched in her throat. "No way. How did it go?"

Quinn beamed. "It couldn't have gone better."

"I'm so proud of you." Santana rewarded her girlfriend with a long, deep kiss. She reveled in the taste of Quinn's coconut lipgloss. Pulling away, she asked, out of breath, "Is your sister home right now?" She failed to keep the suggestive tone out of her voice.

"No, she's out with a couple friends. Will probably be gone all night. Why?" Santana watched as the realization dawned on her girlfriend's face. The blond locked eyes with her, then giggled as she grabbed her hand and pulled her to her bedroom.

Quinn pushed Santana down onto the bed, kissing her passionately. This arrangement lasted for a few minutes, before Santana playfully pushed Quinn off of her, finding her own place on top. She straddled the blonde, her lips focusing intently on a soft spot on her neck.

Quinn's eyes rolled back into her head with pleasure. That was definitely going to leave a mark. Santana worked her way up the girls neck and jawline, and between kissing her ear, whispered, "Can I take your shirt off?"

Quinn nodded vigorously, unable to get a word out. Santana removed her girlfriend's shirt, then her own. They were both sporting lacy bras, Quinn's a blush pink and Santana's a sexy black. They continued to make out, the kissing becoming more heated by the minute, when Quinn laughed against Santana's lips.

"What?"

"The black lacy bra. Were you planning on this happening?"

Santana shrugged, a smirk growing on her face. "I guess you could say I was hoping."

Quinn scoffed, grabbing Santana by the neck and pulling her back down.

. . .

Soon, the girls were wearing nothing but messy hair and smudged coconut lip gloss. They laid in bed beside each other, both attempting to catch their breath.

"So that's what sex is supposed to feel like," Quinn remarked.