Ten

Quinn burst into the school lobby and threw some amount of money onto the ticket table before making her way to the auditorium entrance. Pausing for a second, she tried to catch her breath. Through the door, she could faintly hear "Rock 'N' Roll Party Queen," meaning she'd missed most of the show. Damn flight delay. She waited for the number to end, then opened the door and crept in as quietly as possible. She scanned the crowd for Santana with no luck, eventually settling in an open seat in the back row. At least she'd be able to see her after the show.

By the time she was settled, another musical number was starting. There Are Worse Things I Could Do, one of her favorites. The production's Rizzo stepped confidently on the stage, and she almost looked like—

Santana.

Once she started singing, it was unmistakeable. Santana's tone was unlike any other. Quinn had forgotten how absolutely magical it was to hear her sing. Somehow, tonight was even better. Santana always delivered an incredible performance, but there was extra depth to this song. Emotions were practically pouring out of her.

Quinn could have spent the rest of the day sitting there, watching Santana perform that song over and over. It felt like she was truly seeing Santana, not just her talent and vocals. The girl on that stage was purely her.

The moment was so powerful that Quinn barely noticed when everyone in the audience stood up to applaud. The world around them moved, but she and Santana were still. For a moment, she could've sworn they locked eyes. Santana looked just as shocked to see her as she must have looked after witnessing that performance.

Coming to her senses, Quinn shot up, cheering at the top of her lungs.

. . .

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" Santana was beaming as everyone crowded the lobby, many stopping to give her a high five or a compliment.

"Why didn't you tell me you were playing Rizzo?"

"Guess we have a lot to catch up on." They both chuckled.

"Yeah." Quinn's expression dropped as she noticed Brittany eyeing Santana from across the room. "Have you and Brittany talked since you came back?"

Santana's face followed suit. "Yeah, a bit."

"Are you holding up okay?"

"Yeah."

Quinn reached out her arms in reply, and Santana gladly embraced her. They held each other tightly, neither wanting to let go first. Suddenly, Santana pulled back, looking a little embarrassed to be showing so much emotion in public.

"Santana, you just bared your soul on stage in front of all these people. You can't convince them that you're emotionless anymore."

Santana chose to ignore that sentiment. "Let's get out of here. Breadstix?"

Quinn grinned in reply. "Is that even a question?"

They were making their way to the door together, weaving through the crowd, when they were stopped by a familiar voice.

"Santana!" Mr. Schue appeared. "You were incredible tonight. Absolutely incredible. I'd even say this tops your performance in West Side Story."

Santana beamed. "Thanks. I didn't realize you were coming to see the show."

"I couldn't miss all of this." He paused as Tina went up to Santana and gave her a hug, then, noticing Quinn, hugged her as well. "So have you been singing at all in college?"

"Oh, no, not really. I'm pretty busy with cheerleading and stuff."

Mr. Schue shook his head. "It's a shame. Your talent is one-of-a-kind."

"That's really sweet. Anyway, I really have to get going, but thanks again!"

Not waiting for a response, she burst out of the door, Quinn at her tail. The cool air hit them instantly.

"He's right, you know," Quinn said. "There's no one like you."

"Oh, come on," Santana laughed, giving Quinn a playful push. "Mr. Schue says stuff like that to everyone. Anyway, I'm starving. See you at Breadstix in five."

She got into her car and drove off, Quinn following quickly behind her. Quinn could barely contain her excitement. A dinner at her favorite restaurant with her favorite person? She couldn't wait.