"Goodnight," he smiles, hanging up.

Immediately after hanging up, I dial Dani's number, starting the facetime call.

"Aunt Addie!" Alena says as they answer the call.

"Hi babe!" I grin. "Whatcha doing?"

"Playing and stuff," she answers.

"Oh yeah?" I ask, raising my brows.

She nods. "Yeah! Tini is taking a nap. She was grumpy."

"Oh, we don't need a grumpy tini."

She laughs, shaking her head. "Where's mommy? Can I talk to her?"

Alena nods, handing the phone up to Danielle.

"Hey," she smiles.

"Hey. Joe said something about you mentioning me coming to stay while they're out of town."

She nods. "Yeah, I mean, if you want to. I figured it may be fun and the girls have been asking for you."

I nod. "Yeah, that works. I'm gonna try to find a flight for tomorrow. Do you mind if Porky comes, or do I need to find someone to watch him for me?"

"No, he can come," she smiles.

I smile back. "Cool, so I'll go book a flight and text you the details when it's finalized."

"Sounds good," she nods, grinning.

"Alright, bye Dani."

"Bye babe," she says, hanging up.

I book a flight for the next day and head to my room to pack my suitcase for the two weeks.

"I can grab Porky a small bag of food and stuff while we're there, so I think I'm good." I whisper to myself, zipping the suitcase, getting my carry-on ready and noticing the time.

Making myself a bowl of leftover pasta from a couple nights ago, I reheat it, and plop onto the couch, watching a movie and eating before finding myself yawning and deciding to go to bed since I have to get up a bit early.

After brushing my teeth and hair, using the restroom, taking Porky out to use the restroom as well, and climbing into bed, I plug in my phone and get comfortable. Only for it to blare loudly.

I reach over, grabbing it and seeing Joe's name. Turning the light on, I answer the call, his face appearing.

"Good mor- you were going to sleep." He says.

I laugh lightly, shrugging. "It's okay. Good morning."

"Did you talk to Dani?"

I nod. "Yeah, I'm heading out with Pork in the morning."

He nods. "Awesome."

"What are your plans for the day?" I ask.

"We have no idea," Kevin butts in, walking past.

Joe nods. "Yeah, that."

I laugh. "you guys will figure it out."

He nods. "Yes, we will. But you need to go to bed so I love you, sleep well, and I will talk to you later."

"Okay, I love you, goodnight."

He grins, hanging up and allowing me to put my phone down and drift off to sleep.

The next morning, I wake to my alarm startled. I gulp down a glass of water and rub my eyes, going to use the bathroom, wash my face, brush my teeth and let Porky use the restroom before taking my luggage downstairs and head to the airport. A few hours later, I get off the plane, making my way outside and to Dani's car, hopping in.

"Aunt Addie!" both of the girls exclaim in the backseat.

"Hi guys!" I say to them.

"How was your flight?" Dani asks.

"Good," I nod. "Thanks for picking me up."

"of course," she smiles. "Ready?"

I nod.

She drives away from the airport and to their home before parking.

I help get the girls out and we head inside before I set my things in the guest room and head back downstairs, only for my phone to ring.

I pick it up, grinning. "Uh-oh, it's Uncle Joe."

The girls gasp, running over as I hit answer and hold the phone, so he'll be able to see the three of us.

Valentina climbs into my lap, smiling widely at the phone.

"Whoa!" Joe says as his face appears. "It's Alena and Tini!"

They laugh.

"Hi Uncle Joe!" Alena says.

"Uncle Joe!" Tini repeats, the words coming out a bit mumbled.

"What are you guys doing?" he asks.

"Hanging out with mommy and aunt addie!" Alena says.

"Oh yeah? Having fun?"

"I think so, what do you think Tini?" I ask, tickling her.

She giggles, nodding. "Yep!"

I smile. "What did you guys end up doing today?"

"We went to the beach, actually." Joe says. "I haven't been in ages, it was fun."

"The beach?!" Alena asks.

"I hear my girls!" Kevin says on the other end.

"Daddy!" the girls squeal as he comes into view.

"Hi Daddy!" Alena says.

"Hi baby," he smiles. "You guys hanging out with Aunt Addie?"

"Yeah!" they both answer excitedly.

He chuckles. "Good. Be good for her and mommy, okay?"

"Okay!" they both answer.

Soon, we hang up and Dani calls the girls for lunch, making them run to the kitchen and me follow along, sitting at the table and eating along with them, realizing it was the first meal I've had today.

***

i know it's been forever, my friends.

life has been crazy. 

i hope you all had the best of holidays...

and the happiest of new years. 

new chapter will be coming soon <3 

all my love, 

shan:)