Chapter Eleven

Workout Room in the picture

Garrett's POV

I wake up early even though it's Saturday and check my email. I have an email! I click on it and read it carefully.

Dear Mr. Smith,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been chosen for an interview. Please contact the manager Stacy at 402-570-2396 to set up the interview. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,
The Coffee Spot hiring committee

I grab my phone after I check the time. It's 8am, that is late enough I think. I am going to call this Stacy.

Phone call:
Stacy: The Coffee Spot, this is Stacy how can I help you.
Garrett: Hi, my name is Garrett Smith and I received an email about a job interview. I was told to call you.
Stacy: Oh yes! Very good. Would you be able to come in later today around 2pm for the interview?
Garrett: Absolutely! Thank you so much.
Stacy: You are welcome, see you at 2pm.
Garrett: I will be there!
End of phone call

I run to Andrew's room and call for Brody so I can share the news with both of them at the same time.

Garrett: Brody can you come to Andrews room please?
Brody: What's up little bro?
Garrett: I have a job interview today at 2!! Can one of you drive me please?
Andrew: Of course buddy! Congrats! Where is it at?
Garrett: The Coffee Spot down the road. I applied for the cashier spot.
Brody: That's great little dude! I'm excited for you! What are you going to wear??
Garrett: I have no idea. Help please?
Andrew and Brody: Of course we will!

We head to my room and they help me pick out a nice outfit for the interview.

Garrett's outfit ^(minus the bow tie)

We all go have some brunch so I have plenty of time to get ready for my interview. We need to leave by 1:40 so I am there on time. I eat quickly and go get ready. Once I'm ready it's around noon. I have some time but I don't want to get dirty before the interview. I check my phone and add some cologne to my clothes. I put my shoes on and make sure I have my wallet. I play on my phone until 1:30 when I head downstairs.

Garrett: Andrew, I'm ready! Can we go?
Andrew: Yes, go get in the car.

I head to the car and wait for Andrew.

Andrew: Are you ready?
Garrett: Yes, but I'm nervous.
Andrew: You will be fine! Take some deep breaths. Just answer honestly and be yourself.

We arrive and I go in ten minutes early.

Garrett: Excuse me, I am here for an interview.
Unknown girl: Omg, you are adorable! Come this way. I will take you to Stacy and Mike. Mike is the owner and Stacy is our manager. They will both be interviewing you.
Garrett: Thank you!
Unknown girl: You are welcome! Good luck dude!

I knock on the closed door and wait for the go ahead to enter.

Garrett: Hello, I am here for the job interview, I'm Garrett.
Mike: Welcome, please take a seat. I am Mike and this is Stacy. Nice to meet you.
Garrett: Nice to meet you both.
Mike: Let's get started shall we.

Skip to after the end of the interview

Wow that was long!

Mike: Congratulations young man you got the job. Stacy will take care of you and get you what you need and discuss your hours.
Garrett: Thank you sir!

Mike leaves and Stacy and I start talking.

Stacy: Congrats! Here is your uniform. Your hours will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4-8pm as a cashier. You will mostly work with Beth. You met her when you came in. She is your age and super sweet. You will be paid 12 dollars an hour every 2 weeks. You will have your weekends off.
Garrett: That sounds great. Thank you.
Stacy: Do you have any questions?
Garrett: When do I start?
Stacy: You start on Monday at 4 and I will go ahead and schedule you for Wednesday and Friday also. Is that okay?
Garrett: That's perfect! See you Monday!

I head outside and find Andrews car. He just decided to wait for me.

Garrett: I got the job!!!
Andrew: Oh wow! Congrats! When do you start and what do you make?
Garrett: I start Monday and work Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4-8pm. I get paid 12 an hour every two weeks.
Andrew: Nice! I am proud of you!
Garrett: Will you or Brody be able to take me to work? If not I can walk, it's not that far.
Andrew: No, someone will take you. I don't want you walking by yourself ever. You are too small and I don't want anything to happen to you.
Garrett: I can take care of myself bubba. You shouldn't worry so much!
Andrew: Yea well I can't help it! I'm sure your other brothers would agree with me. Let's get home so you can tell Brody and call your other brothers to tell them the good news. We can go out tonight to celebrate!
Garrett: You can invite Connor to come too if you want.
Andrew: I will ask Brody if he wants to.

Soon enough we arrive home and I share the good news with all of my brothers. They are of course happy for me, but also want me to be safe and all that. Blah, blah blah. I can take care of myself. I'm excited to start work. I change and get ready to go out to dinner. We are going to get bbq. The guys decide to go see Connor after dinner. They are going to take me to Cody, Daniel and Ethan's house for the night so they can hang with Connor alone. I don't even wanna know those details.

I'm excited to see my big brothers. I have missed them. I brought a backpack since I'm staying the night with them. We eat candy and watch movies all night. They ask me about Connor and I tell them what I know. They seem happy for Andrew and Brody. Their relationship seems to be going well. I'm glad all of my brothers are happy. We eventually pass out in their giant bed. I got stuck in the middle somehow. I slip my paci in my mouth and dream about my new job.