XIII

Scaramouche was covered in cold sweat, the desert of Natlan was extremely cold during the night. Anastasia was shivering under her coat, and Scaramouche had awoken from a terrible dream.

Screams, blood, immense torture, it plagued his mind like a virus spread across a body. He was racking in his breaths heavily, he had never been so scared in his whole life.

"Big Brother...? Are you okay?" The crystal blue eyed girl asks sleepily, she rubs her eyes gently with her hand and look at Scara.

He just nods.

"You probably don't wanna talk about it but," she cuts herself off with a yawn, "Your little sister is always here and she loves you, never forget that..."

Anastasia's head lands in the purplette's lap and she drifts back into her world of dreams. Scaramouche just sighs, this kid wasn't so bad after all.

______________

Venti strolls around the church, upon the main chapel's walls there are carvings of the Story of The Two Goddesses. He runs his fingers over each little incision of the first image.

Suddenly he has a vision.

"Help us.. please... anyone, save us from this misery." Grueling voices plead, a palace is shown to be covered in darkness.

The voices of suffering grow louder and Venti's head begins to hurt. He jerks away from the carvings and caves into a ball as he holds his temple with a groan.

"Save us! Save us! Please, help, help! Help us!"

Venti hits the ground, unable to stand the immense waves of suffering.

Just what exactly was going on inside this church?