III

Scaramouche trudged through the snow that covers the Town of Sila. A small village around 35 miles from the capital, Toska.

The purplette is used to the cold by now, and doesn't mind the freezing chills flowing through the air. It will take at least 3 weeks to reach Dragon Shadow City and by then he will he need to shed his coat and warm clothing for the desert ahead.

Sila is much warmer than Toska by far, as the capital city is located close to the peak of the main mountain range of the Winter Nation. Scaramouche stops at a homely inn and pays for a his bedding for the night.

He goes out for dinner in a nearby restaurant that was a favorite of his when he was a Harbinger, and with the funds generously provided (stolen from) by his former boss. He can easily afford anything he needs during his trip.

As Scaramouche makes his way through the fish market, he spots a young girl out in the snow. She seems only to be four or five, her skin is covered in patches of blue and she looks frozen to death.

An image of a bloodstained body covered in familar armor flashes through the male's mind and for some reason his body makes movements on its own.

He approached the sickly girl, wraps her in his coat, picks her up and returns to trudging through the fish market back to his inn for the evening.

He is lost in his thoughts as the ancient innkeeper throws him a wave and a smile in greeting. He returns the gesture with a false sense of joy.

He sets the girl down by the fireplace in the foyer as the woman's grandson brings him hot chocolate.

"Thanks for staying, hope you enjoy it." He says before disappearing again.

'What was that flash? That image, it seemed so familar..' Scaramouche's mind uncharacteristically wanders, he drifts off into a daze.

'Sumeru...'

How odd. The Harbinger had always been so focused on his duties. He never though of anything else, and now he was so invested in Sumeru? Why had he followed the Tsaritsa?

He cannot remember.

'Sumeru. Soon, I'll have the answers to this web of uncertanties.'