I

Long ago, in the land of Inazuma a kind and gentle soul known as the Raiden Shogun ruled over the land.

She was wise and kind, her heart was warmer than any day filled with hours of the sun's time. She was the embodiment of life itself.

But, war had struck her lands aswell as its surroundings and she was destroyed, her shadow, her sister, all that was left behind.

As the new Raiden Shogun, riddled with grief over the loss of her sister, Ei, the shadow ruled Inazuma bearing only one goal in mind. Eternity, a never changing country left untouched, the same as it was before the death of her loved ones.

In her grief, another shadow was created. A kind-hearted, gentle soul like the previous Shogun, a male with no name. He traveled across the isles of Inazuma, sharing his kindness with the less fortunate.

Until one day, he came across a woman.

Clad in armor and blood was she as the figure clung to her lance. She was stained in ichor, left behind by the gods she had so eagerly slayed.

She was tossed behind as if she were trash, and perhaps she was just that. A shell of a human, left to rot after the lands and lives she had taken were reclaimed from her hands.

But, the puppet with no name took her in with a kind smile and protected her as if she was his friend.

He patched her up and took good care of her. Once she awoke, he treated her as if she was a companion and he was thus gifted his name Takao, a hero who is as prosperous as he is noble-hearted.

Takao had thrived upon his time with the fallen warrior, but one night heard her pleas to return to her homeland of Sumeru.

He heard how she cried out for the dense rainforest and the chase of the animals that lived within. How she wished to run and hide in the vines of trees as she once did in her childhood, how she wished she could return to the god who she had forsaken so heavily.

Her Dendro Archon (Let's call her Vida), Vida. How she wished she could serve her Lordess as she once did in the days of old before she was stolen by Osial and used as a slave to kill other gods.

Takao had urged his friend home, at first through a talk and then through distance, unknowingly endangering himself.

The Fatui, a more underground association working for the Tsaritsa have had their eyes on him and eventually steal him away to their laboratories hidden within the depths of underground passages beneath the capital city of Snezhnaya where the organization experiments on the kind soul.

His humanity is lost and he becomes an empty shell who serves an ice cold god.

Centuries pass, the Dendro Archon is slain and replaced by the God of Wisdom. Blamed for the death of the Lordess of Greenery, Y/n, her loyal servant is sentenced to eternal damnation by sleeping spells and is buried underneath the  tomb of her Archon.

Cursed is the warrior for all of eternity, forced to relive her mistakes and crimes against the land of Sumeru for every millennia that passes.

Takao, who has now taken the name of Scaramouche comes across a traveler 500 years after the incident in the land of Inazuma, his home. Where he is caught in the act of overseeing the delusion factory belonging to the Fatui.

Yae Miko interferes in his plan to stop the Traveler from another world, Aether. Instead, she offers him the Gnosis once held by the Electro Archon in order for them to make their escape.

As Scaramouche returns to His god and hands over the Gnosis, he is given a vision from the power of Electro as his memories from his past are partially restored.

He remembers the name of his Warrior and leaves the Fatui, with the intent of learning the tragedies  and joyful moments of his past. He sets off to Sumeru, leaving trouble in his wake.

Yae ends her story in the Travelers teapot; Diluc, Albedo, Mona, Ayaka, Itto, Kazuha, Gorou, Thoma, Kokomi, Xiao, Zhongli and other companions in awe of her story.

Ei is silent on one of the couches, "Yae, is your story a truth?"

"Of course it is Ei, what reason Would I have to lie? Especially when I'm telling tales?" The pinkette replies, turning to the traveler, "Now, young one, what do you make of this story? Shall we leave poor, lost Takao alone or shall we aid him in his quest and save the victims of this tragic story?"

"Why not? Perhaps we can find my sister in Sumeru, let us depart on our next mission."