IV

Scaramouche found the kid's name to be Anastasia, nickname Ana.

And the little brat stuck to him like glue.

"Mr. Scara~ can we please get some frostberries?" She pleaded, eyes wide as she looked around the market ridden streets of Sila.

Sila may have been small but it was huge as far as commerce goes, not nearly as much as Toska but quiet close in trade. Its main item sold all over the nation of ice were frostberries, they came in intricate blue hues that shimmered radiantly in the sun.

The berries varied in flavor depending on which side of the city they were grown on, the ones grown near the higher part of the mountains were tart and better for making sour candies, the others grown lower down the mountainside were sweet and made excellent baked goods.

Anastasia, the Blonde child with Crystal Blue eyes, begged and whined for the treats until Scaramouche gave in and bought her a whole pouch of sweet berries.

Scaramouche sighed internally, he would do anything to make sure that girl stayed quiet. Continuing down the path to New Porosha close to Dragon Shadow City (Dragon Shadow is slightly a few miles higher on the map than New Porosha), a grand city known well for it's Hot Air Balloon Ports to Natlan.

This would be how Scaramouche and Anastasia make their way to Natlan. Dragon Shadow as the 1/3 of the journey to The Dendro Nation landmark, and Scaramouche couldn't wait until this damn child would leave him alone.

The looming trees of the Forest of Bytiye scared Ana half to death, Bytiye was the largest forest in all of Snezhnaya and it's trees were a whopping 60 feet tall. Most of them Older than some of Natlan's immense volcanic systems, their formings dating back to over 8,000 years ago before the birth of Morax and the War of the Gods.

Once Scaramouche revealed this to the girl, the scary trees seemed like more of a marvel than something to feared. The purplette had no idea why but the sight of this young, idiotic blonde girl cowering at something she feared made him ache inside.

A painful, mesmerising feeling he cannot remember experiencing. His heart hurt, but he couldn't figure out as to why he felt that way.

Or as to why he even felt.

Feelings... Something Scaramouche, Former Harbinger of the Fatui, a science experiment and an assistant to The Joker, had never had in a long time.

Wait? He had felt before?