Star in the sky.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I kept my eyes on him without blinking like he would disappear if I did. Slowly I went into this trans-state where I could only hear him. For a second, our eyes met, and I thought he recognized me before he shifted his gaze away. I slowly raise my hand among the people who raised their hands to touch him if he gets any closer. I drew my hand on the air, brushing his hair, caressing his cheeks. Suddenly I realized something. He really became a star in the sky that I can only watch it shinning from the distance.

I was overwhelmed with this heavy feeling on my chest, and my eyes were welled up to the brim. I lowered my hand, and a tear escaped my eye clearing my vision. For a moment, my mind created this illusion making me think that he was looking at me. His gaze stayed on me for a while until he finished singing or at least I thought it did.

When the song was completed, he stood up and walked away. I knew I was overthinking and it was my mind playing with my emotions making me see things that I wanted to.

I mean how could he recognize me when I am in the middle of thousand people hiding my face with a piece of cloth?