Chapter Thirty Five: Expecting

(Happy Valentine's day everyone! Posting this to cope with being single once again for Valentine's)

~Y/n's POV~

I clung to Ink as we travelled through the infinite amount of space across the multiverse. He was holding me just as tightly as soon as we landed back in our room. I never wanted to let him go again, but there was so much I needed to explain to him. And he had a lot to explain to me, just what the hell was that Blade situation??

Surprisingly, Ink was the one to let go of the embrace first. He leaned down slightly and cupped my face in his hands, "Are you hurt? Why did they paint fake cuts on you?" He was tilting my head slightly to look at said fake cuts.

"I'm alright. I honestly have no idea why... All Cross said was that he wanted me to look helpless. But that's besides the point. I really need to tell you something." I grabbed the hands that were on my face and gently pried them away. Ink could tell by my voice that I was very serious and he resisted the urge to ask more questions.

With his hands still in mine, I pulled him to sit down with me on the bed. He definitely needed to be sat down for this. I didn't really know what his reaction was going to be, but it was probably going to be extreme. I felt slightly guilty for the worry I was putting him through right now but I knew it would be worth it. Shifting my position so I could fully face him, I took a deep breath.

"Ink... I'm pregnant."

A second, then five seconds, and then ten seconds of Ink staring into my face blankly. I almost thought he didn't hear me but then his eyes widened in disbelief and to my surprise, horror. "I should've gotten to you so much sooner! ifihadn'tbeensostupidandfiguredouthowtogetyououtyouwouldn'tofbeenr-" He was rambling faster than I've heard anybody speak, his eye lights flashing between several different symbols. His hands had darted to his skull and were clawing at it.

"Ink!" I tried to get his attention but he kept rambling. "INK!" Still rambling. I grabbed the sides of his skull just like he had done to me, forcing him to look me in the eyes and shut up. "I'm pregnant with YOUR child." 

He visibly relaxed and melted into my touch, a wave of relief having washed over him. "Thank the multiverse... Wait- I'm gonna be a Dad??" Both his eye lights turned into hearts and started to glow as bright as his smile. I nodded enthusiastically, a few tears welling in my eyes at his reaction. He pulled me into another tight embrace that I returned equally. It was all worth it to be in this moment. Every bit of hurt, just to see him like this.

"I can't believe it..." He murmured in disbelief, his face pressed into the crook of my shoulder.

"I couldn't either. Cross he... helped me figure it out." Now it was time to tell him about how kind of bizarre Cross was treating me.

"He did? Hang on, we should probably tell everyone that you're back now." We let go of the embrace, both of us wiping a few tears.

"I should probably get out of these clothes, if you could even call them that." I wasn't too bothered wearing it around Ink like I had been with the other skeletons. Still, it was pretty uncomfortable. "And this face paint probably isn't good to have on my face much longer."

Without another thought, Ink sat up unprompted, gathered some clothes for me from the dresser, and prepped his paintbrush to remove the makeup off me.

~~~

After many hugs and relieved sighs, we were now all eating dinner. Although I was being fed right during my capture, the food paled in comparison. I hadn't said too much so far, mostly focusing on the food. I knew it was only a matter of time before I was bombarded with questions though.