Chapter Twenty One

Edited

As soon as the clock ticks one, I jump up from my spot on the bed. I knock on the adjoining door. I would say hopefully I haven't pissed them off enough that they'd refuse to help me, but that would be the best case scenario.

I don't want to sit here and argue anymore. It's a waste of time. My mind is made up, they either go along with it or they leave. They know what they have to do and I know what I have to do.

A return knock on the door startles me. It opens seconds later, Lillian popping her head into the room. "We're leaving. See you there."

I give her a tight lipped smile and a quick nod of my head. Peter leaves without saying a word. It eats at me more than it should. Suddenly my nerves tear me apart from the inside out. I haven't been blessed with another vision, so I don't know if I'm actually going to see Colton today or not. I mean maybe he's not even here anymore.

Now that they're gone, I changed into the actual clothes I packed just for this occasion. The most trashest, flashest articles I could find in my closet with a little secret tucked into a small pocket. Thank you 2 of Hearts. Now all that's left is to wait for Lillian to text me that they arrived. And a few minutes after her text, I call a taxi and wait downstairs in the lobby.

It arrives quicker than I can get my nerves in check. And the ride to the tavern is even shorter than I anticipated. Standing in the parking lot, I take a deep breath as I stare at the front of Cold Cove Tavern.

It looks just like it did from the vision and when I walk in, a feeling of familiarity washes over me. I look from side to side at all the customers. Some look back at me while others ignore me. My eyes stay on Peter and Lillian for a few more seconds than I'd like. But they give me a sense of safety that I desperately needed.

Peter has his back to me and Lillian quickly looks back down at her drink before she unconsciously waves or smiles at me. I'm taken back as they lounge in the same booth that I saw Colton and his groupies occupy. Breathe in. Breathe out.

I sit as far away from them as possible at the bar counter. The bartender immediately comes and welcomes me, "Hello there, pretty lady, what can I do for you?" He looks just like his vision self. He towers over me in height and his muscular build makes me look like a child. His hair is still the bleached blonde spikes, his eyebrow pierced with a silver barbell and his arms are covered with more tattoos than I can count without gawking.

"I'm looking for someone, I hear he comes here a lot. His name is Colton Andrews. Do you know where I can find him?"

"What business does someone like you have with him?" I don't know if he's annoyed or repulsed.

"I'm just checking in on a friend. When he came and visited me back at home he had to leave in a rush. Can you help me or not?"

I'm ready to walk out and restart my search, but a man that sits in the stool two seats down locks eyes with me. It takes me off guard in more ways than one. He gets up from his seat and sits on the stool right next to me. "You're looking for someone? I may be able to help."

My heart races as I try to keep eye contact with the man. It's the stranger that left those awful letters from Colton. His black hair is horribly dyed and his gelled bangs are cobalt blue. I catch a glimpse of a tattoo peeking above the collar of his shirt. My eyes scan the bartender that's shifted three stools over, but I see it. The same tattoo on his forearm.

Mr. Emo, letter deliverer snaps my attention back to him. "It happens that I'm a very good friend of Colton. I'm Greg by the way." He sticks out his hand as he introduces himself.

I return the shake, but have to hold back my vomit. "Bianca. You wouldn't know where I can find him." I see his gaze go serious with the announcement of my name. He knows exactly who I am. The bartender on the other hand didn't flinch at the mention of my name. Either he's very good or he isn't that close knit into Colton's web of lies.