Chapter H; Junior year

Start from the beginning

"It's okay, I forgive you"

And the way the shorter girl's eyes sparkle, Genevieve knows that she doesn't regret it. Even if this turns out to be a bad idea, she still took the first step towards a happier life, and that's amazing.

Camilla fiddles with the strings of her violin bag, beaming inside the otherwise empty classroom. Everyone else left after their music lesson, but Camilla stayed behind and begged Genevieve for forgiveness. Outside the large windows it is still summery, a soft breeze ruffling through the trees and every plant in full bloom. It's a perfect day for a new start. Just like the camilla flower, Camilla is a wonderful girl that blooms beautifully in summer. Shyly she asks Viv for a favor.

"Would you want to walk home together?"

Genevieve smiles and leaves the classroom together with the brown haired girl. She carries her notes in her green bag while Camilla has her hands full, bag filled with notes and her instrument. They trot trough the slightly crowded halls. Genevieve feels so relieved. It's a new year, a new start, and she can't remember when last she walked through these green department halls with a friend, and without anyone staring at her.

"Of course, where do you live?"

The green train station is right in front of them.

"Green parks, it's very nice there because of the scenery, but my roommates are not that great"

They step onto the train just as Genevieve snorts at Camilla's words. The train is crowded with green students, and only green students. The tensions between the departments have only gotten smaller, not disappeared. Other department students don't visit the green department, they would get mean looks on the train. Cori and Cosima dating each other and dating Genevieve who is a green student has calmed tensions a lot, however, not enough.

"I know a thing or two about mean roommates"

Camilla perks up where she sits, the violin in her lap. She remembers the words of her old friend, and current roommate, back when they still bullied Genevieve. Back when they claimed that Genevieve's roommates hated her, and the taller girl confirmed it. Her friend bragged about that for days, and saw it as a green light to keep bullying Genevieve. But Camilla saw it as a red light. It came as a hit in the face. She hated herself, thought they were only lightly bothering her and not tormenting, until that moment.

"Do your roommates not like you?"

Genevieve smiles. Things are better now. She feels a lot better.

"They used to dislike me, but let's just say, after a certain person left, things have gotten much better. We are very close now"

A smile stays on her face all the way home.

Genevieve curls closer to Cosima.

Her nose is slightly red, and whenever she breathes its foggy. But she's not cold. A puffy red jacket is wrapped around her like a thick blanket, and it's similar to the blue one that Cosima took with her. It's Cori's jacket. It has her player number on the back. Genevieve feels like a short girlfriend at her boyfriends game, except it's not a game and she has a girlfriend, not a boyfriend.

The hockey hall is always so comfortable to be in. Genevieve often spends time here, doing her homework while waiting for Cori to be finished with practice. The roof is high, and old players shirts hang by the walls, up in the hundreds. There is a certain, odd smell, the sweaty players combined with the cold temperature and the plastic bleachers. But the smell isn't that bad, rather it's something that reminds her of this nice place. And down on the perfectly made ice, Cori always moves around with ease. This is where she is in her element, and this is where Genevieve finds her the most attractive and wonderful.