Chapter Five

After Clarissa had explored the appartment a bit, she made her way to Buck's room. She was really hungry and wanted to order dinner. His door was slightly open, so the young woman simply pushed it open. But she had not considered that Evan Buckley was in the process of getting into his clothes. When she pushed the door open and spoke his name, he was in the process of pulling a new shirt over his head. Clary's eyes immediately fell on his defined abs. "Oh sorry!" she said quickly and wheeled out of the room, turning around in the wheelchair as she did so. Her lips pressed together. She had to admit, he was really good looking. But she shouldn't think about that. After her accident, she should concentrate on getting back on her feet. Afterwards, it was her buissness that she had to get going again. She also had to think about how she was going to earn her money in the meantime. She wasn't allowed to work until her leg had healed and that could take quite some time. She did keep money on the side for emergencies like she now had, but she wasn't sure if it would be enough.

Only a few seconds later Evan came out of his bedroom and joined the young woman. He grinned slightly at her as she looked away in embarrassment, trying to distract from what had happened in case it even crossed Buck's mind to let out a stupid comment now. "Do you have menus of nearby restaurants? I'm really starting to get hungry!" she said, looking up at him. He nodded at her and then went to one of the cupboards in the living room, which led to the open kitchen, and rummaged around in a drawer. A short while later he returned with about 10 cards from different restaurants. Some were still new, while the others had probably been repeatedly opened and were already partly crumpled or torn. "Thank you!" the young woman said quietly. She looked at the cards and what was there to choose from. Actually, each of the restaurants pleased her. "What are you in the mood for?" she asked, addressing the older man as she kept looking at each menu. "Ehm Italian or Chinese might be nice to order!" he said as he poured them both a drink in the kitchen.

The two of them were now sitting on the couch. Buck had helped her up and sat her down on the soft fabric of the big sofa. It was a bigsofa and her injured leg lay on the reclining surface. Dinner had been ordered. After a long time, the redhead would eat a Hawaiian pizza again today. Most people always wanted to slap her for her choice. Pineapple on a pizza? Well, the young woman adored it and in addition she always ordered spicy salami on the pizza. Buck had also looked at her crossly for a moment when she had told him her order, but he had passed it through without a comment while he ordered the lasagna for himself. The fireman meanwhile was sitting next to her and while he was drinking a beer, she had a glass of Coke in her hand. Her gaze was fixed on the TV, where they were watching the new movie about Harley Quinn on Netflix.

Just as the film was more than halfway through, the doorbell rang. Dinner was here. While Buck went downstairs to pay for the food and brought it up, Clarissa tried to heave herself into the wheelchair, which worked more or less well, but at least she had managed it in the end. Delighted, the young woman soon ate her pizza, which Evan had cut into practical pieces for her, as she could still only use one hand.

Today Clary did not fall anymore. After dinner, she had gone back to her room. She had brushed her teeth and was trying to change her clothes. She was tired, which was no wonder because of the medication she had to take. Those were the ones that made her so tired. "Clary!" Buck knocked on her bedroom door. "Come in!" she answered, and a moment later his head peeked through a crack into her room. "I wanted to let you know that I have an early shift tomorrow! I'll be gone from seven to five! If you need anything, you can call me. For the rest, you'll find things in the fridge to cook and make breakfast. The flat is all yours!" He smiled at her. Clarissa immediately responded and thanked Buck before he wished her a good night and closed the door again. Clary heaved herself into bed, smiling, after digging the charging cable out of her handbag and plugging her mobile phone in next to the bed. It was already eleven o'clock at night, the right moment to go to sleep and dream about Evan Buckley, as she had done this night.