Chapter six

The next morning Clarissa woke up very late. It was probably the medication, which made her tired, or it was the fact of her dream about her current flatmate. She had had a dream about Buck. They were both sitting in a large flower meadow by a small lake. Clary was not injured. She could walk and sit normally. The two of them were having a picnic. Sometime after dinner and endless conversation, the young woman lay down on the blanket and pushed her sunglasses to her eyes. Evan, meanwhile, had made his way to the lake and jumped in with a loud splash. It was the first date for the two lovebirds. Breathing softly, the redhead let the sun shine on her body. She fell into a light sleep, completely relaxed. Only when she noticed how the sun had moved away did she open her eyes again and see Buck standing over her. She was getting drops from his wet hair. He grinned at her before kneeling down and just kissing her. No words, no nothing, he had simply pulled her into an intense kiss that she was happy to return. Then, just as it was about to become more heated between them, she had awakened.

Tiredly, Clarissa stroked her eyes and hair. She gave a loud sigh. What on earth did this dream mean. After all, she felt nothing at all for Buck to call it a pipe dream. Slowly she sat up. She should just ignore the dream and try to make her day. This she did. Carefully she shifted herself from the comfortable bed to her wheelchair. Her first route led her to the kitchen, where she tried, as best she could, to get herself some food from the fridge. In the end, although it was already after 12 o'clock, it only turned out to be a sandwich with ham and cheese. She couldn't stand and rest like this for more than two minutes, so cooking herself something warm was impossible. She wasn't very hungry either, so it didn't matter. She finished her sandwicg and then went over to the sofa. While she was lying on the reclining part of the sofa, Shadowhunters was on the TV again and at the same time, the young redhead was playing on her mobile phone. She didn't really know what to do. She couldn't go out because she didn't have the keys to Buck's flat. She would have to ask him about it today when he gets back from work.

The day passed slowly and Clary even nodded off on the sofa. It was only when the front door opened quietly and Evan Buckley entered, shouting loudly, that she startled out of her sleep. Confused and tired, she looked around. "What, where?" she grumbled and Buck threw himself down on the couch beside her, careful not to catch her and hurt her. "Well, how was your day?" he asked her with a smile, putting his arms behind his head. "Boring!" muttered Clarissa, sitting up. She must have slipped a little more into a reclining pose on the couch while in sleep mode. "Yours?" she added when she realised she was being a bit rude. "Ok so far, just typical accidents, but we managed to save them all!" he said quietly and then smiled at her. "Shall we go out for a bit? Go for a walk? I think fresh air would do you good? Actually, I'd like you to meet my friends. They're going to a bar nearby today." the fireman told her, looking at her questioningly. "Do we have to go by car?" she asked quickly and Evan, biting his lips together, had to scratch the back of his neck. "Just for a bit, if you don't want to, it wouldn't be a problem. I can understand you on that point!" he said, smiling slightly at her. Clary sighed. She would love to get out and see people. It would take her mind off the fact that she was just hurt now and it would show her that she could have fun when she was hurt. "I'll do it!" As those two words left her mouth, Buck smiled broadly at her. "Great, if you like, why don't you get dressed, take a shower and stuff. We'd leave in two hours!" Clary nodded.

Quickly Buck helped her sit in her wheelchair and she went to her room to get all her things when a question came to her mind. How was she going to take a shower. "Evan?" she called and quickly his head appeared in the doorway. "How am I supposed to shower, do you have something somehow that I can sit down in the shower or..." She tightened her mouth. It would prove quite difficult, for in her mind she was already picturing Buck having to sit her down in the shower and get her out. Please don't, she muttered. She hated not being able to be herself and maybe she didn't feel uncomfortable if Buck had to take her clothes, like yesterday, but the fact that he would see her naked already made her feel sick to her stomach. "Oh, um..." Some time later the problem was settled. Buck had put a chair in the shower and sat Clary, who was wearing a bikini, on it. He had placed the shower head and soaps on a second chair at her handle height. This allowed the young woman to shower before calling Evan back to her. He handed her a bath towel, which she immediately wrapped around her body, thus hiding her wet bikini. Meanwhile, her injured arm and leg had been packed in a rubbish bag so that nothing would get on them.

At 7 p.m. Clarissa sat in her chair in a pretty dark green dress and light make-up. Her hair fell in light curls down the back of the chair. Buckley had also dressed up a bit and was wearing tight jeans and a shirt with the top three buttons undone. "Shall we go?" he asked and she nodded quickly. So they drove to the bar in Buck's car and Clary had pulled herself together not to have another panic attack. To help with this, Buck held her hand from the first moment of the drive and squeezed it tightly, which actually calmed her down. Buck did her good.