Vol.1. Chapter 13.1 : An Unusual Arrangement

Start from the beginning

Horikita and Eichiiro were waiting outside upon my arrival. Horikita was simply crossing her arms, minding her own business, while Eichiiro was tapping his foot, his face puzzled. I haven't seen much of either of them interact with one another, but I had a hunch they didn't get along very well.

Their personalities were fundamentally diametrically opposed. Horikita was the austere and cold-hearted ice queen of our class, whereas Eichiiro was more of the ordinary kind-hearted, and playful popular pretty boy.

They were also ranked the same in terms of intelligence, with a commendable grade of A- (82). Though, as of right now, if I had to pick who was more beneficial to the class, it would be Eichiiro.

Currently, He is superior to her because of his cooperative demeanor, charismatic nature, greater academic aptitude, and finer physical attributes.

Horikita, on the other hand, I believe has the biggest potential out of the two for growth. She just needs to keep her ego in check and come out of her shell. She'll eventually become a better person once she is able to socialize and act jointly with others better. I also need her to do so in order for her to be recognized by the class as a key component to Class D's success.

"So, why do you need us to keep you company in the cafeteria?" Eichiiro queried, finally breaking the silent atmosphere.

"I wanted you both to come with me so I wouldn't have to explain everything. But it would be unfair to you if I remained silent." I replied nonchalantly.

"If you just give us the gist of what you're planning, that's fine." Horikita let out a sigh.

"To be honest, I believe I've figured out a solution for everyone to possibly achieve a flawless grade on the exam." Horikita's eyes widened in surprise as she heard my comments.

"Are you serious? You can't possibly be considering cheating, can you?" Horikita inquired, feeling bewildered. "You do realize that if we disobey school regulations, they will punish us severely."

"It's nothing like what you're thinking. Don't worry; you'll see what I mean in a few minutes."

"Just what in the world are you planning to do..." Horikita mused, trying to contemplate my next move.

With a purposeful objective, We took serious movements toward the cafeteria. We made our way through the mob to the lunch ticket machine. I purchased three tickets but did not queue at the counter. Instead, I walked over to the side of the vending machine and stared at the students who were looking over the menu.

They undoubtedly wanted to ask some questions when they saw me eyeing the folks in line, but since I told them that answers will come later, they just stood there and waited for me.

As they purchased lunch sets from the ticket machine, I continued to observe the students present. My target appeared after I had surveyed roughly around twenty students. With heavy, trudging strides, he bought his dinner ticket and proceeded to a table.

"Bingo." I made a snapping sound with my fingers. "All right, let's get going, you two." I motioned for them to follow me.

"Eh? Okay, I guess..." They looked confused but followed my instructions.

Just as I was about to approach the upperclassman and take a seat...

"Kouhai-Kun? What are you doing here?" I heard Kiryuin's voice call out to me.

I gave her barely a fleeting glance before averting my eyes and returning my focus to my prey.

She was sat at a table across from her and was chaperoned by another person. A girl with waist-length chocolate-brown hair that is adorned by a hairpin in the shape of a sunflower on the right side along with two ordinary hair clips on the same side and purple eyes.