Mick Schumacher ~ Thank goodness

Requests are open

Y/n and Mick had always been two peas in a pot. Two best friends against the world. Nothing had changed when Mick became a racing driver in formula four. Nothing changed when moving up the ladder. Not even a thing changed when he moved up to formula one. They had been as tight as they had ever been, even though they got to see each other less often.

"Mick!" Y/n exclaimed when Mick stood in front of the front door. Y/n's front door. "You're home!" They embraced each other and Y/n invited him in. "Do you want a cup of coffee?" Y/n asked, walking into the kitchen to get both of them their beverage of choice.

"I'd love to. Can I have one of your cappuccinos?"

"Of course." Y/n quickly prepared two cappuccinos and walked back to the living room with them. "Here you go." Y/n sat down opposite Mick as they discussed their plans for the night. They had planned that when Mick would get back from the season, they would undertake all kinds of things. Just the two of them against the world, like it had always been.

"You know." Y/n looked at Mick. "Why don't we stay in, watch a couple of movies or a series. Frankly, you look exhausted."

"To be honest, so do you." Mick laughed. "You've been studying way too hard haven't you?"

"I have to work hard to get myself up to formula one in engineering." Y/n smiled and moved from the comfortable armchair to the sofa, right next to Mick. "I missed this," Y/n said, leaning to the side to rest against Mick's comfortable chest. "I missed us."

"So did I." Mick kissed the top of Y/n's head, wrapping his arms around Y/n's body. "How about that movie."

"If you pick one and grab a blanket, I will get us some snacks. You have a couple of months to get back into shape." Mick chuckled and let go of Y/n. They both got up and Y/n walked to the kitchen to get their favourite snacks. Even though they had planned they would go a night out, Y/n had gotten all the snacks. Y/n knew the two of them, chances were high they would be staying in.

Y/n littered the table with all the snacks and laughed when Mick looked at the table with wide eyes and his mouth slightly agape.

"Letting go of my diet for a night is something entirely different than making me fat, Y/n!"

"Oh come on, it's not every day you will be spending a full week with just me. Without work." Y/n laughed and hugged Mick tightly. "I am not letting you go until you have to leave again, just so you know that." Mick took the remote of the tv, played the movie and grabbed the blanket to wrap it around the both of them. Y/n snuggled up to Mick as closely as she could. There was a sense of home whenever Y/n would be with Mick and it hadn't taken her long after her sixteenth birthday – on which Mick had surprised her with a trip to America to the family ranch with him where they rode the horses and quads all day long – for Y/n to realise that the feelings towards Mick were feelings of love. Y/n had fallen in love with Mick years ago. But Y/n didn't know whether Mick felt the same, so she kept the feelings in.

"Are you okay?" Mick whispered. "This movie is right up your alley of humour but you have not laughed once."

"I'm sorry?" Y/n looked up to Mick, a frown was plastered on his face.

"What is going on in that head of yours?" Y/n shrugged. It was not like the words I love you could just roll over Y/n's lips. "Come on, a ride in my car for your thoughts." Y/n laughed.

"A penny didn't suffice?" Mick laughed, knowing very well that a ride in his car was far more tempting to Y/n than a penny. "You're right, a ride will get me to talk faster but nah." Mick stopped laughing. Something was going on in that pretty head and it wasn't like Y/n to not tell him what was bothering her. He pushed a strand of hair out of Y/n's face so he could look Y/n in the eye better.