"But I'm right, ain't I?" - Max Verstappen

This one was requested by Littlemissunnoticed I really hope you will like it!

"Y/n, did you get enough food?" Max was running around the house frantically.

"I did."

"Drinks?"

"As well." Y/n grabbed Max's hand to make him stop. He was usually the one to calm Y/n down, but seeing it was a bit of a housewarming for them as a couple, he was stressed. He wanted to show everyone that he could take good care of Y/n, that his family-in-law had nothing to worry about. "I have everything we need and more." Max sighed and hugged Y/n tightly, hoping to calm his racing mind. "Don't worry Max, I've got it all under control. It will be a great evening." Y/n kissed Max before walking outside to finish up the final preparations and welcome the guests for the night.

Y/n and Max had recently bought a house in Belgium so they could spend more time with both of their families and Y/n wouldn't have to be alone in a big house all the time. To celebrate their next step in their relationship, they had decided to give a barbecue and Max was deadset on making it a perfect night.

Victoria and her boyfriend Tom were the first to arrive, with over fifteen minutes before the other guests would start to arrive. It had been planned, as Tom would help Max set up the barbecues. It would go a lot faster and smoother as Y/n didn't have the experience with the complicated barbecues. On top of that Y/n didn't mind getting to spend some alone time with her pregnant sister-in-law.

"Vic!" Y/n embraced her and then looked at the growing baby bump Victoria was already showing. "You have grown so much!" Victoria chuckled and smiled proudly. "All happy and healthy still?"

"Yes, all is well."

"I have made sure there are plenty of things to eat and drink for you, if needed I'll put some aside as well to make sure you have enough."

"That's great, thank you Y/n. Do you need any more help?"

"No, I'm fine, I just need some more ice to keep the beverages cool. You sit down, you need your rest."

"Don't you still need to get changed?" Y/n looked at the jeans and black hoodie. A change of clothes could do, but the guest would have to be welcomed first. Looking at Max who was looking at one of the barbecues with a frustrated expression and Tom who looked unsure of how to handle both Max and the situation, Y/n thought it best to get changed after all the guests had arrived.

"Everything alright here?" Y/n walked up to the two boys, hugging Max from the side, trying to make sure he wouldn't get too frustrated with the barbecues.

"No." Max didn't waste any more words on it, saying more than enough with the very unhappy expression on his face.

"Somehow we can't get it to turn on. Everything should work, but it just doesn't and we don't know where the problem lies." Tom had a defeated look on his face but was a lot less concerned than a couple of minutes ago now Max was calming down again.

"Don't worry about it. My father will probably be one of the first guests to arrive, he'll know what to do." Max immediately let go of Y/n and sat on his knees again. In no way was he going to need his father-in-law's help with the barbecue. He would figure it out on his own. He needed to show Y/n's dad that he was more than capable of taking care of Y/n and that he didn't need to worry.

It took about an hour before the garden was filled with all the people. Max and Tom had somehow gotten all the barbecues to work and the first pieces of meat were already sizzling.

"Can I get you anything, Vic?" Y/n placed a hand on Victoria's shoulder who was seated in one of the luxury outdoor sofas.

"A glass of water." Victoria smiled thankfully and Y/n walked to the table on which the beverages had been stalled. On the other side of the garden, a young woman was giggling obnoxiously, so loudly, it made Y/n groan in annoyance. Y/n knew the woman was glued to Max's side and was laughing and giggling at everything he did.

"Here you go." Y/n handed Victoria the glass and then bent down. "I am going to get changed." Victoria nodded.

"If anyone is looking for you I'll tell them you will be back in a couple of minutes." Y/n nodded and headed into the house to go to the master bedroom. Out of the wardrobe, Y/n took a brand new outfit. It had been Y/n's intention to use it for a special occasion, but knowing Max would love it was special enough. Especially since it would get him away from the young woman gawking at his every word. At least, that was the intention.

Several people stopped talking when Y/n re-entered the garden. The outfit Y/n was wearing was absolutely breathtaking. Max was one of the people, handing the barbecue tools to Tom.

"You look amazing." Max kissed Y/n tenderly and pulled Y/n as close as humanly possible. Y/n smiled proudly, gazing over Max's shoulder to look at the girl. If it weren't for the fact that Y/n was deemed to be the more mature partner in the relationship, Y/n would have rubbed it into the girl's face.

"I thought I could dress up a little for this occasion." Y/n kissed Max again and then pulled back. "I'm going to make sure everyone has a great time." Before Y/n could walk away, Max stepped in the way, making sure there was no way out.

"No one is going to miss us, everyone is having fun." He winked and dragged Y/n with him, out of the garden and into the small park that was located behind their garden. In the middle, there was a small pond with a little bench beside it the couple sat down on. "I somehow had the feeling you were a little jealous." Max grinned and Y/n poked him between the ribs. "Ow!" He yelped. "But I am right, ain't I?"

"You are." Y/n rolled her eyes. "She was just all over you and couldn't get her hands off you." Y/n looked at Max. "You are mine. I don't want to share you."

"You don't have to." Max cupped Y/n's cheeks. "I was getting annoyed by her and was completely ignoring her. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I'm all yours and there is no one I am going to love more than I love you." Y/n started to grin.

"You know what would maybe drive some sense into her?" Max started to laugh.

"Let me guess, we are going to completely drop our plan in which we were going to wait to tell people."

"Maybe." Y/n tried to look as innocent as possible.

"Fine, let's go." They stood up and with their hands intertwined, Y/n and Max walked back to the party in their garden. They took both a glass of champaign and Max ticked with a knife on the side of the glass. "Thank you for all your attention." Slowly all conversations died down and everyone looked at the couple in front.

"We would like to tell you something." Y/n looked up at Max. "By now, you've all seen the beautiful garden of our new house, but we bought this place for a reason." Y/n took Max's hand, squeezing it tightly.

"We are expecting." A gasp went through the group of people filling the garden, except for one excited shriek. Y/n laughed, that could only be one person. When Y/n looked in the direction the shriek had come from, she found Victoria smiling broadly.

"Oh my goodness." She came up to her brother and hugged him first before moving on to Y/n. "We can let our kids grow up together, let them get into a kart for the first time. They are going to be absolute best friends!" Victoria hugged Y/n tightly. "I can't wait!"

"Neither can I Vic." Soon everyone wanted to congratulate the couple on the amazing news of the upcoming birth of their first child. The girl, who had been hanging around Max the entire evening was one of the final people to do so.

"Congratulations." She kissed both of Max's cheeks and then moved to Y/n, hugging her awkwardly. It was clear that she did not like the news. Y/n couldn't help but grin. Now she knew there was absolutely no chance of getting Max for herself. Even though Max had no intention to leave Y/n in the first place.