Max Verstappen ~ Championship baby

With eight laps to go, Y/n stared at the screens. There was no time Max was going to be able to make it. He would need a good one-and-a-half seconds advantage over Lewis to even near him enough to think of an overtake.

"I am so done with this," Y/n said. For the third time that day, Y/n had seen all hope diminish. "Call me if anything happens, I will just be sitting with my head in my hands." Jos looked at Y/n, a short, soft smile appeared on his face but then looked right back onto the screens. He was tense all over, just like Y/n. Jos placed his hand on Y/n's shoulder as Y/n did everything but look at what was going on outside.

Until.

Until the entire crew started to scream and people rushed to get tires moments later.

"What is going on?" Y/n looked up. A safety car. "Where did that safety car come from?" Max appeared just outside the garage. "Why is he pitting?" There was no response but the screens showed a Williams on the side of the track, he had clearly crashed and seeing Russell had pitted a while ago not to go out again it had to be Latifi.

"They are going to clear that on time right?" Y/n's stare at the screen intensified. This wasn't happening. Y/n wasn't able to handle any more false hope to watch it all crumble down again.

"They are not letting the cars past." Disbelief filled the garage. "If they are planning to restart the race, there is no way Max will be able to catch up to overtake. Not with one lap to go." Y/n looked at Jos and back to the screen. Y/n had no idea of where to look.

"They are, they are letting them past. They are letting them past!"

"Safety car in! They are going to race!"

"Max can win this!"

"Max watch it!"

"They are off!"

"Come on Maxie!" Everyone was on the edge of their seat as Max came alongside Lewis and then passed. Everyone screamed and jumped into each other's arms. Then the staring continued. Three corners to go. Two. One.

"Max Verstappen, you are a world champion!" Y/n screamed along with everyone else in the garage. Screams of joy-filled everyone's ears as tears started to flow over Y/n's cheeks. Y/n turned to Jos as he turned to Y/n. Both were shocked but smiles were tugging on their lips. They hugged each other tightly as they listened to Max's screams of joy over the radio.

The next things went on by in a blur. Y/n got congratulated by a whole lot of people, hugged a lot of people and got crushed by even more Red Bull crewmembers as they awaited to gratulate Max.

When Max finally got his feet back on the ground enough to realise he had some people standing along the fences, waiting for him to come by, he ran straight to them. When he saw Y/n standing there, right next to his father, he changed course and ran right into Y/n's arms.

"I can not believe you just did that." Y/n cried. "I can not believe you won the entire championship in the final lap." He just held Y/n as his shoulder gently started to shake. He was holding himself in for the cameras around but Y/n knew what was going on. The pressure that had been building all season could finally come out. He had made it. He was a world championship. "Come here." Y/n pushed him back, pulling on the strands of his helmet to try to open it. When they finally budged, Y/n immediately pulled off his helmet, shoving it into someone's hands to properly kiss Max.

"I did it," he whispered against Y/n's lips.

"You did it," Y/n whispered back. "And I couldn't be any more proud of you." Before she could say anything else, someone pulled Max back to congratulate him. Tears were rolling down Y/n's cheeks even faster now.