"Oh no worries, Luna! We know you are a busy bee! You've done such an amazing job building up our pack community and strengthening our finances through your architectural gifts." An older board member beams.

That interaction makes Rome's heart stop knowing that nine times out of ten the board is going to rule in her favor. Meaning he loses his future wife, he loses his future luna, his pack loses the alpha luna gene, and he has disgraced his pack's legacy. Taking a deep breath, he steadies his emotions.

"Moon Goddess, I know I'm not deserving of her, but if you give me a miracle, I promise to do and be better."

"Awww! That's so sweetie!"

"Stone?! What the fuck?!"

"Ahaha! You never closed our link! Bruh you beggin?! I mean shit I'd beg for her ass back too!"

"Fuck outta here, Stone!" 

Successfully ending the mindlink, Rome focuses on Eden.

"So we are here on some most serious and detrimental allegations. We the counsel of combined pack elders have been made aware of the fact that alpha Rome Haven has procreated outside of his arranged betrothal with Alpha Luna Eden Lightfoot. Are these allegations true, Alpha Rome?"

"Uhh, yes sir."

As he answers the board begins whispering amongst themselves in utter disgust and disbelief.

"With all due respect, may I say something?"

"You may, but it may not have any positive effect on our decision. Understand?"

"Yes, sir."

"Proceed."

"Um, I first want to address Eden." Waiting for Eden to look up at him, Rome pauses dramatically. As they lock eyes he can see nothing, but resentment in her eyes.

"I apologize for you not knowing. I went off the assumptions that either someone told you or that you knew before traveling to my pack. So I am sorry about you being blindsided, that wasn't my intention. And I apologize to you for disrespecting our marriage agreement. I can completely understand why you would want to leave and not uproot your life for someone who was so selfish. And to you Alpha Bentley and Luna Elise, I apologize for hurting your daughter."

"Is he freakin serious?! He thinks that little meirda(shit) apology is gonna do anything?! Estupido!"

"Lils I'm not buying that shit!"

"Well now that we've heard Alpha Rome's apology, Alpha Luna Eden, is there anything you'd like to add?"

"Yes. I would like the admission of the creation of his child to be the catalyst for the nullification of my marriage arrangement to him." 

As Eden makes her argument, the River Run pack is in a pleading uproar for the MoonWillow pack to give them a second chance.

"Bent, c'mon! We've always been there for each other! We have to be able to come to some sort of agreement or compromise!"

"This is Eden's choice. I'm sorry."

"But you knew! You could have told her! Its not like we kept it a complete secret!"

"Wait, silence!" The head elder bellows over the loud ruckus. "Alpha Bentley, you knew of Alpha Rome's child and still agreed to the treaty and marriage?"

"Yes, Elder Crow." 

Hearing her father's answer literally brings tears to Eden's eyes. Does their pack mean that much to him that he would cover up something or someone of that magnitude? That he would knowingly marry her off to a man who can't keep his word, can't keep his commitment? I guess she got her answer about Bentley not caring about her being in a loving, true, caring marriage like he and her mother's. Shaking her head Eden inconspicuously wipes her falling tears.