Lock them up, boys and girls

Začít od začátku

"No, but we live with someone, who's a bottomless pit," Bailey said.

Reese smirked.

Bailey walked over to the bottom step. "Yo, bottomless pit! The bakery is having a buy one, get one free!"

Sage came running down the stairs, past us, and out of the door. Rowan came downstairs a few minutes later, holding up a bag. She left the house.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"Sage forgets her money when she thinks with her stomach," Reese said.

"Ah."

"We need Sage to help us with our plan before this blows up in our faces," Rafe said.

Did you ever watch Scooby-Doo, and they play that running sound? Yeah, that was us as we ran out of the house and chased Sage and Rowan. If this plan works, we need an in with the owner. Enter Sage, stage right.

********
Patrick

After arriving, I approached the counter and ordered a cold beverage and sandwich. The guy gathered my order for me. I paid him, found a table, and sat down to eat. I figured after I finished eating, I could pop by Rowan's house. But I needed a reason. Hmm.

********
Romeo

Rowan and Sage reached the bakery before us. We quickened our pace until we sprinted towards them. Now, most people act civilized. We weren't those people. Let me explain.

When we reached Sage and Rowan, Reese flew through the air like a cougar pouncing their prey. That reminds me. Cougars are hot. Have you met a cougar? They're older women who have one hell of a sexy side. It's not like I would know anything about a cougar.

Okay, I'm getting sidetracked. Damn, cougars.

So, Reese flew through the air and landed on Rowan. Amid her pouncing, Rafe and I grabbed Sage's wrist and jerked her around the building.

"What the hell?" Sage yanked her arm from us and rubbed her wrist.

"We needed to stall," I said.

Bailey and Rafe glanced at me. I shrugged.

"Stall with what?" Sage asked us.

"We have a plan," Bailey said.

"And need your help," Rafe said.

"Doing what?" Sage asked.

"We need you to talk to the owner and persuade him to let us lock Rowan and Pat in a closet," I said.

"The bakery doesn't have a closet," Sage said.

I blew air past my lips and rubbed my forehead.

"But it does have a pantry," she said.

I dropped my hand as we looked at Sage. Sage smirked. Brilliant.

While Reese kept Rowan busy, Sage snuck in through the back of the bakery. Operation lock them up commences.

*******
Rafe

Sage waved us to the back door while Bailey checked on Rowan and Reese. Romeo and I darted into the back, and Sage closed the door. We peeked out of the kitchen to see Pat sitting at a table. A few minutes later, he got up and headed to the bathroom. Perfect.

Sage stepped out and gave the girls a thumbs up. When they entered the bakery, we hid in the kitchen.  The girls approached the counter as the owner greeted them. While they placed their order, Sage did her part.

"Oh, my God! You won't believe what I found!" Sage said.

Romeo and I looked at each other. What the hell is she doing?

********
Rowan

I looked at Reese and Bailey. "What is Sage doing?"

They shrugged.

"Oh, my God! Brayden, help me!" Sage said.

"Give me a minute." The guy walked away from the counter. "What the hell?"

"We should check it out," Bailey said.

Reese and I looked at Bailey, who walked towards the back.

"What is Bailey doing?" I asked Reese.

"Let's find out."

I followed Reese to the back. Before I could react, someone shoved me into a room, and the door slammed shut. I pounded on the door and jiggled the handle. "Someone, help me!"

"Rowan?" Sage asked.

"The handle is stuck!" I said.

"Hang on!"

Great.

*********
Patrick

I came out of the bathroom after draining the lizard. When I reached my table, Romeo and Rafe rushed to my table.

"Pat, we need your help," Romeo said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Rowan got stuck in the pantry, and we can't get her out," Rafe said.

"What?" I asked.

"Follow us." Romeo waved me to follow them.

I followed them to the back, and they showed me the door. I checked it, twisted the handle, and the door opened. I turned my head, but someone shoved me into the room, and the door slammed shut. What the hell?

I tried the handle and jiggled it while pounding on the door. I used all my strength and stepped backward before falling. I held something hard.

Click!

I turned around to see Rowan standing in the closet and the door handle in my hand. Her eyes bulged.

"What the hell? Pat, where's the other part of the door handle?" Rafe asked through the door.

"I'm holding it!" I said.

"Well, shit!"

"Stay put! We need to figure out how to open the door!" Romeo said.

"Where do you think I'm going? I'm stuck in a closet with Rowan!"

"I don't see the downside!"

I gritted my teeth. "Will you get Val?"

"Fine, but keep yourselves occupied while we retrieve our big brother!"

"And do what?"

"I can think of several things you can do!"

"Get Val before I find a way out and kick your ass!"

"On it!"

I looked at Rowan, and she gave me a sheepish smile. Well, Romeo was right. There wasn't a downside to getting stuck in a closet with Rowan.

Rowan sat on a large sack of flour. "Well, it looks like we'll be here for a while."

I looked around, found a step stool, and sat down. "We have time."

A smile curled upon Rowan's lips. I smirked and arched my brow.