The Heavy Weight She Bore (Extra Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"But I must find out how it works!" I cry out in protest. "It's just so fascinating and I'm really close to- "

"I'm letting you have a break," My mentor's voice was kind yet firm. "Enjoy it and then come back tomorrow with a fresh mind. Five minutes won't hurt."

I nodded and sadly plodded off towards a patch of dirt. I then grabbed a stick and began to poke at the mud until I spotted a worm inching its way across the ground.

"Well, they didn't object to experiments," A catlike grin spread across my face and my love for experimentation was born.

O.o.O.o.O

5 years after birth

"Two letters..." 

I frown as I look at the envelopes, both with different seals. Both had the initial of D, however one had feathered wings and the other wings of inky darkness. One was looping and stylized; the other was spidery and foreboding. They were both so similar and yet so contrasting that it was puzzling.

I sigh as I place the letters down and begin to eat breakfast. I was in the middle of it when the mailman came and gave me the letters. Both were addressed to me, the writing saying that they were from two of the most influential people in the country. The two people who both owned their own clusters of schools, having their students reap successful results. Odd thing was, I'd never really heard of these prestigious academies before. None of my seniors ever talked about outsider schools.

"Are you thinking about opening them?" My father raised a brow as I sat at the dining table, staring at the envelopes. He went to the coffee maker and poured a cup. Steamed formed immediately.

"Kinda," I say as I look at the names for almost the millionth time. "One is from the Demon King and the other is from the Supreme Deity."

A silence filled the room as my father thought and I stared. Only the rain filled my ears as I fiddled with the envelopes. I was too focused on the letters to see my father's concerned expression as he sipped his coffee.

"Could you pass those to me?" He held his hand out and I passed him the letters.

My father then swiftly, but neatly, opened the envelopes withdrawing the letters and silently reading them through.

"Your answer is no," He spoke as he finished, a pale look crossing his face.

"But - what do they say?" I try to grab the letters off him but he holds them too high.

"It doesn't matter, the answer is no," He spoke softly as he left the room. The letters left with him and my curiosity grew.

I would find out what was in those letters. I would find out why I must say no.

But for now I'll do as my father asks. It might actually gain his affection for once instead of endless tests and study papers.

O.o.O.o.O

7 years after birth

My heartbeat echoes thunderously in my ears as I desperately pant. Thudding against the ground, my feet move swiftly against the ground as I sprint through the maze of streets that made up my city. Made up my home - no, not my home. 

My prison.

Belialuin is nothing but a reminder of my destiny. My purpose. It was all just a physical reminder of the council's - and my father's - wishes to make me a weapon against the goddess and demon races. A change in the power the school leaders and owners hold.