CH:18

Recommendation: Start the song in the scene with Changlix rather than the beginning

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

Sunshine Apartments
4:30pm

"H-how was work?" Jisung asked quietly as his best friend walked in, careful to not agitate the clearly perturbed man even further. "I- I made you lunch. And, not that I want you to go, but since you asked me... I was searching, and found a few available apartments I think you'd like..."

"Hannie," Changbin sighed, massaging his temples, closing his eyes, and praying that his sharp headache would subside. "What'd I do without you?" He sat down with a low groan, unable to keep back a smile from stretching up his lips, just a bit, when Jisung followed suit to snuggle at his side. "Thank you for everything."

"You don't have to thank me," Han inhaled deeply, rosy cheeks flashing a light shade of red before resettling in their milkier color. Leaning his head on the older's shoulder, he spoke again, but that time, in a whiny tone, fitting a line that'd show concern, "But Binnie... when are you going back?"

"What?"

"T-to Felix's... You have to get the rest of your things, right? And I mean, you guys could talk everything out... because it doesn't make any sense to end on bad terms," Jisung bit his lip upon pausing, frowning when Changbin only stood to head for the kitchen in response. "Binnie," he called again when the older still hadn't answered, his own legs following after Changbin's steps. "Binnie, come on... e-even Kai... I- I know it might not be easy but, he's a child... If Felix is willing, then you can fix your relationship with him before moving on..."

Sighing in defeat, yet still unwilling to give a verbal reply, Changbin shrugged, sending down a gulp of the water that he had taken from the fridge. "I just don't- I know I have to but, I don't really want to go back there," he mused, looking down at his clothed insteps. "The memories, you know? Like, I still can't believe that things got this far- And I don't know how to feel... I can't hate Felix, because it isn't completely his fault... but then again, he was leading me on... and Chan? He- he's sweet... I can't hate him either... But I cheated so, not just because of that but, I'm the only person to blame and-"

"Stop-"

"Ji-"

"No, Changbin, stop! Stop blaming yourself," Jisung pursed his lips, folding both arms against his chest and, looking down at own his bare feet; too fearful of the possibility of becoming flustered if he looked at Changbin for too long. "You did nothing wrong, Binnie. Yes, we kissed, and I should've known better, but that's not why you two broke up... so I don't want you blaming yourself for it..."