Chapter Fifteen: Room 211

Start from the beginning

"You could tell me at my place!" I whispered, "my friends are coming over and they're staying the night. You could tell me then and we could..."

"Bake that cake you promised?" He interrupted, giving me a side look and I grinned.

"Yeah, we can do that. Hope the Mayor won't mind you staying elsewhere for the night" I tried to joke. It was a terrible attempt, why did I say that and think it would count as something funny?

"I don't live with the Mayor anymore" He murmured, dipping his paintbrush into some paint as he stared at the canvas with lazer focus.

Then there was me, still figuring out how to start.
"What? Why, what happened?"

"Franca Frances happened. Long story."

I immediately let out a very elaborate curse and Angelo turned to look at me with raised eyebrows.
"Nice one" he nodded. "Never heard that before."

I blushed, "That's not the point, where do you stay now?"

"Miss Adams and the New kid- um- Angelo!" Ms. Murphy called. "Yes, I know your name now, son. Both of you are going to be the first to present your works today."

"I haven't done anything!" I squeaked and just decided to draw a new version of Moo the "cat-cow" but her knocking my vase to the ground this time.

(╭☞́⍛̀)╭☞

Angelo's POV
(From the day before.)

"Mister Angelo um, I mean, Sullivan, sir are you in here?" The lady with the soft voice called from outside the bedroom door.

Why do we have to be bothered? My subconscious asked while I just sighed. I was perfectly fine just reminiscing over events of the past few days, food, and Violet... and the memory of her in my arms that had taken a front row seat in my brain.

I stepped out of the hot tub, steam rising off my body, and I took a black robe off a hanger, not in the mood to hurry. The television was showing some dumb video about craft.

She knocked again, a quiet, timid noise that reminded me of someone.
"Mister Sullivan?"

You'd think a guy could find peace after a long day of classes. With a sigh, I opened the door and leaned on the frame.
"How may I help you?" I asked, pushing back wet hair from my face. My rings were in the drawer.

Wow, she's pretty. My subconscious observed and I had to agree. The maid was a slender brunette who apparently blushed easily.

"Oh, hello s-sir, the Mayor..."

"'Sir'? I think you mean Angelo."

"Angelo," the girl breathed with a loopy smile that she cleared away with a cough and a small shake of her head. "The Mayor and her consort need you downstairs in the lounge right away, Angelo."

Well, I wonder what the emergency is, wink, wink. My subconscious chuckled.

"Am I allowed to get dressed first?" I asked dryly.

The maid glanced down at my chest for a second before her face turned red for the hundredth time. "If you must," she giggled bashfully before realizing what she said "oh..."

"Hmm." I said and stepped back into the room to close the door.

Just as I expected, Franca, Hans and their spoiled son, Hale were waiting with the Mayoress and her husband Geoffrey.

Guess our time here is up. My subconscious said, packing mental bags.

"Angelo, I had no idea you had turned to this," Mayor Madison said, arms akimbo. "Your aunt told me that you threatened to vandalize her home and rob them of their properties!"

"He nearly did it even, thank God we stopped him, then he ran away!" Franca Frances sniffed, her crocodile tears spilling onto her expensive handkerchief.

"That is terrible, I thought you were a good child!" Geoffrey folded his arms. I never liked him anyways.

"You don't have proof, you know" I pointed out.
And you cannot use the word 'child' on us! My subconscious grumbled.

"Proof or no, this isn't the kind of rumor you want surrounding you." Franca said, standing gracefully to her feet. "I mean, what would the people think?"

The Mayoress looked at me and then Franca, "But he's your nephew. Where would he...?"

"You have enough dirt against you to throw you off your seat, Maddie." Franca said, the fake tears drying instantly. "If you want to add some more, be my guest."

The Mayor looked at her husband who nodded firmly before they both looked at me.

I shrugged at her. "I understand."

The Mayoress sighed and came to hug me.
"I'm glad you do, because my hands are tied." she whispered quickly.

The maid brought my one suitcase which I didn't even fully unpack, and she looked really disappointed. I won't have done anything with her, I already had my eye on someone.

I took my phone out, exchanging a quick message with Hunter McNamara as I passed by Hale, pulling my suitcase along.

He straightened his shoulders and sneered "I told you you'll..."

"Shut up" I interrupted.

Once I was outside, Franca came to join me at the sidewalk.

"Perhaps you'll return to New York now that you realize. There is nothing here for you." She growled, her icy blue eyes trying to bore through me.

"There's something you keep forgetting Franca" I said and glanced down at my phone as I just got credited with an interestingly large sum of money. "You have nothing against me. I'm free from you unlike everyone else in this town."

She knew it was true and that made her clench her fists in anger.

"I'm not going to New York, I still have quite a lot of stuff to do here, friends to make, a girl's heart to win," Empires to take over, "Other things. So don't bother me and I won't bother you"

"I never want to see your face around here again" Franca said, she was seething so much it was a wonder her hair didn't catch fire.

"We don't always get that we want." I replied, already bored of this conversation.
Beefburgers and fries for dinner! My subconscious cheered. He was always thinking of food.

My ride arrived and I drove away from the Mayor's Mansion, heading straight for my final destination for now:

Hotel Lotus.

If I were sane, I'd have come here straight away.

"I need the key to room 211 please," I said quietly to the receptionist who was oddly comfortable with two axes hanging in an 'X' on the wall over his head.

He took one look at me and our bored expressions matched.
"There's nothing like a room 211."

I raised my left hand and showed him my rings with symbols etched in the silver.

His eyes widened. "Right away, um...sir, I think I'll call Mr. Damien."

"Not Sir; Angelo" I corrected. "And sure, call Tio Damien."

~UwU~

Whooo, is there excitement in the air or is it just me?

Just me? Okay cool.
Well what do you think, my dear reader?
Tell me in the comments!

Rhodes.