CHAPTER 19: Jelly

Natasha's POV:

"Hey, hey, you okay?" I said as I rush to her side when she tried to stand up but stumbled.

"Yeah, im okay, don't worry." She said and look at me, squinting her eyes a little.

"Here, sit here, let me get you some water." I said and go get a glass of water.

"You okay now?" I ask as I take the glass and sit next to her.

"Yes, thank you." She said looking down at her hands that is on her lap and fiddling it.

I just sat there and leaned back to the sofa, watching her as she fiddle avoiding my eye.

"What happened?" I ask after some time catching her attention.

"Hmm- w-what?" She ask looking at me.

"What happened last night? Why did you drink? Where did the hand imprints on your wrist and arms came from?" I ask sitting up look at her as she look down.

"U-uhmm-" She hesitate but I want to know what had happened but I don't want to push her into something she doesn't want.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just want to know so I will have something to say to your sister." I ask softly.

"I-i don't really remember, it's uhmm all blurred out, but the last thing i can remember when I still have my senses is when Carol made me drink a wine." She said quietly.

"Hmm....do you remember anything, Maya?" I ask softly and carefully to let her know that it's okay.

"And then, we uhmm, we went to a very loud place, there's a lot of people that are kissing and dancing, and uhmm, she made me drink a different types of alcohol...." She said in whisper, still avoiding my gaze, but I can sense that there's still something she wants to say.

"And then?" I ask but met with silence.

"Okay, well, just tell me anything you want when you're ready. Now, just rest here and do whatever you want while I go do some things okay?" I said which she nodded and look at me.

I stand up and get ready for the day, dressing myself into something more formal for work and then pack my things while occasionally checking at Maya, who is watching a movie while rubbing her wrist and arms where the hand prints are form.

Even if she's watching a movie, I can easily tell that her mind is in something else.

I contino getting ready until I finish and go over the door, but before I can even step outside, Maya's voice stopped me.

"Can I go with you?" She ask looking at me hopefully and I frowned.

"But you still need to rest." I said turning to look at her.

"I know, but I just want to see Wanda and say thank to her." She said and I felt a little pang in my heart, I don't know what it is, but I don't like the feeling.

"I can just tell her." I said and shrug.

"Well, I mean, yes you can, but I want to tell it myself, please." She said with pleading eyes that I can't resist.

"Fine, but you'll stay at my office, am I clear?" I ask looking at her as she walks towards me.

"Yes, Miss Romanoff." She said.

"Good." I said and we both made our way downstairs.

Now, I want to know what carol did to her.

Staffs and employees greeted us as we made our way to the office. I made sure to check Carol's desk and see that her bag is already there.

"Stay here, let me call Wanda." I said and pointed at the couch.

I called Wanda and she said she's on her way here. Maya just sat there looking at the door while we wait, I know she's still not comfortable around me. A few minutes later Wanda have already arrived.

"Hey- oh hey, Maya, how are you?" She ask turning her attention on Maya, who is now walking towards her.

"I'm okay..." Maya said and immediately hug Wanda. "Thank you for getting me." She said as I watch the interaction between them.

I can't deny the pang in my heart as I watch them. Am I jealous? No. I can't be.

"Okay, that's enough, Wanda, come here." I said and watch as Maya sit back again and Wanda came over me and I motion her to follow me to the balcony, which I have here in my office.

"Care to tell me what you witnessed last night prior?" I ask looking at the building ahead of me.

"Okay, they went to the restaurant first and then-" She started but I want to know what happened to the bar, which i think it is as Maya told me what the place looks like.

"Just get to where you get Maya, the one at the bar." I said emotionless.

"Okay, I followed them to the bar, I noticed that Maya looks like a little...high. I didn't saw her use something tho, then Carol just keep getting Maya to drink, but I noticed that Maya doesn't want to anymore, I just see her whispered to Maya something then Maya will immediately drink it..." She said looking ahead like me.

"Then?" I ask as I puzzle the pieces in my head together.

"Then after some time, Carol gave Maya one last shot and they exited the bar through the back.... I can already sense that something is not right so I catch up to them.... there's many people along the way that's why im too late..." She said her voice trailing off making me look at her as my heart pounded faster, thinking if what im thinking for the last few hours are right.

"Too late on what, Wanda?" I ask looking intently at her.

Maya's POV:

I wait for their conversation to finish, I just sat there staring at nothing while rubbing my arms and wrists. The memories of last night is still burned at the back of my mind, I can still feel the way her hands linger on my body. I feel disgusted by it, and the hand prints that are form on me still hurts.

Why did Carol did that? That's the same question that kept really in my head since I wake up. Thank god Wanda was there, I don't know what could've happened if not. And thanks to Natasha too, because she's been so kind to took care of me last night.

I just don't understand why she's being so kind to me. She's been so mad at me the past few days, and now, im wearing her shirt and shorts, I slept with her, and i cuddled- WE CUDDLED. OH GOD. I mean, as far as I can remember, it's not that bad, it's actually pretty great.

I just don't want to ask here why she did all of those, because I don't want her to think im being ungrateful. My thoughts were cut off by the balcony door slammed open, revealing a super angry and furious Natasha Romanoff, with Wanda who looks like trying to calm her down.

Natasha's eyes trailed on me when I stand up, but she quickly look away and continue to stomp towards me, and i embrace myself on what's coming next. Please, don't hit me, please don't hit me, please don't hit me.

I close my eyes shut and look down as her heavy footsteps gets louder.

All the nervousness and fear in my body washed away when I felt a pair of firm but soft arms were being put on my shoulder, making me look up, and see her expression soften.

"Hey- d-did you?-... Never mind, stay here with Wanda, I just need to do something, okay?" She said frowning and looking sadly at me first, then back to being emotionless.

I just nodded and look at Wanda, who just gave me a smile.

"Stay here, I'll be right back."

With that, the comfort of her hands on my shoulder wear off as she leave the office, and Wanda pull me down to sit beside her.

I just wonder what made Natasha so angry like that, that's the first time I see her THAT angry.