CHAPTER 8:List

Maya's POV:

"Thank you for the ride, Natasha." I said once we pulled up at the drive way.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." She said looking at me with a small smile which I returned.

"Go, they are probably waiting for you." She added after a seconds of silence.

"Oh yeah, d-do you want to come inside? My parents are not here actually, maybe maria is here tho." I said while unbuckling my seatbelt.

I saw her think for a moment and then shook her head.

"No, thank you. I actually have somewhere to be." She said as I opened the door.

"Okay, uhmm, well, drive safely, thanks again for today. Bye." I said and wave with a smile.

When I was closing the door I saw her mouth open as if she wants to say something but close it quickly, so I just made my way to our front door as I hear her car pull out in our driveway.

I look at her non-tinded window car and saw her already looking at me as if she was waiting for me to get inside. I waved at her again and go inside.

"Maria?! Are you here?" I shouted as my voice rang all over the house, but I was met with silence.

Thank god the lights are on or I would be scared.

I take my sandals off and go to the living room then sit on the couch.

Today has been...well, great. I don't know why but I felt safe with Ms. Roma-, with Natasha. The feeling of her being with me is just giving me this safeness feeling.

At the thought of her, I remembered what she said at the party, the intern thingy, I look at the table and found my laptop that I used this morning.

Thank god I leave it here, im kinda lazy at the moment, it just feels like my body is about to give up at any moment. Maybe it's just because I have had a lot of activities today.

I opened my laptop as I sit on the ground, it's comfy tho, don't worry, we have a huge fluffy gray furry carpet.

I opened my email and saw that there's some emails I haven't checked in a while, I quickly found my teachers name and click on it, there's a list. I quickly go to the letter H so I can quickly find my name and click on it.

It's the my name and the name of company.

Romanoff Corp.

Okayyyyy...

There's other names of students too, maybe they're with me.

I don't really have enough energy to really care about anything, my body really feels like it's about to give up.

When I finally close my laptop and look around, the pain in my chest hit me like a bus so I quickly go sit on the couch and clutch on my chest.

Shoot, why now?! I don't have anybody here.

It really hurts so bad! My eyes that is shut tightly, opened as I look around only to be met by my vision darkening and have some dark spots everywhere.

I feel the sweats starting to go everywhere my body, as my chest tightens every seconds, I feel tears brimming my eyes as body automatically slouch down and hold onto the glass coffee table.

I can't control my body anymore, it feels like the walls are closing as my chest I found it hard to breathe. The dark spots on my vision grew wider making it hard for me to see.

I let out sobs and whimpers here and there as I blindly reach for my bag.

This illness are really getting on my nerves, they always attack out of nowhere.

I feel my body and my consciousness drop as my hand slowly unclutch on my chest, then just darkness.

Natasha's POV:

After I saw Maya close their front door I drove outside their village and take my phone out and dial Maria.

Something is not right and something is telling me that someone need to be there with Maya.

"Hello, Maria?" I said once I heard the beep that indicates it's connected on the other line.

"Hey, what's up? Are you guys done already?" Maria said as I heard some paper noises in the background.

"It's already done 30 minutes ago, where the fvck are you?" I said.

"Oh shit shit shit. I'm so sorry, I got caught up in work I didn't notice the time, wait, where are you where's Maya?" Maria said and I can see that she's rubbing her hands to her face right now.

"Don't worry, I gave her a ride, but I think someone should be there with her right now. She's all alone." I said as I started to drive again and put my phone on speaker.

"No, don't worry, she'll be okay, I'll be coming home just in a minute, I just need to finish this things." She said.

"Okay, bye." I said and hung up.

As soon as I hung up and throw my phone aside, there's something light up and ring below the passenger seat, I quickly slowed down the car and look on what it is.

It's a phone? I look clearly and see Maria's picture on the screen, with Maya kissing her cheeks while maria hugs maya from the back.

I quickly stopped the car once I figure out that it's Maya's.

I pick it up and answered the call.

"Hey, baby, sorry, I didn't-" I cut maria's voice and said,

"It's me Natasha, Maya left her phone, im gonna get this back to her." I said and hung up.

Yeah, I like to hung up on people immediately.

Once I hung up the phone, it went to Maya's homescreen and I saw her wallpaper. I can't help but smile as i look at her adorable face.

She has a cotton candy while having a huge grin looking at the camera.

Once I stop staring I quickly made my way back to their house. They have a guard that saw me earlier so he just let me in easily once he checked what I come for.

I parked my park and knock only to be met by silence. I keep knocking and knocking until I lost my patience and tried to open it myself, it's not like I will do something bad anyways.

"Maya?" I called which came out softly.

"Maya, it's me Natasha. You left your phone in the ca-" My voice stopped on its own when I reached the living room and saw Maya laying on the ground.

Due to the lights, I saw her face that is so pale and the color purple in her lips, that proves to me that it's bad.

"Shit, Maya!"