Life Dreams - Chapter 2

June 30, 2013

Dakota Wright | Kota

I sat on my bathroom floor thinking about how everything I ever worked hard for was now over. I looked down at the sonogram, I was holding and cried softly. I was so disappointed and upset with myself. I should've been more careful, but I wasn't thinking. Ever since I left my doctors appointment earlier I've been in the bathroom crying my eyes out.

Standing to my feet looking into the mirror, I felt and looked horrible. My hair was all over the place, my face stained with dried up tears, my eyes were puffy and red. I turned on the water and slowly washed my face then put my hair into a messy bun.

I walked into my bedroom and grabbed my phone off the charger unlocking it. I placed my phone down and stared into space, I was so drained and all I wanted was Chance. A few minutes passed and my phone had vibrated letting me know he replied, I unlocked it again and read his text.

I laid back looking up at the wall soon after I felt the warm tears coming down my face, I was hurting and I needed a shoulder to cry on. I was more nervous then afraid of how Chance was going to react when I told him the news.

I just hoped this wouldn't break us but hoped it would make us stronger. I spent 3 years of my life with this man and I fell in love with him more and more each and everyday.

I stopped daydreaming after I heard a strong but soft knock from the front door. I climbed out of bed going to the door looking through the peep hole making sure it was him before unlocking the door.

I opened the door and moved to the side letting him pass me, I closed it behind him and then locked it again. Grabbing his hand leading him through the apartment to my bedroom.

I closed my bedroom door and walked over to where Chance had laid across my bed. Crawling beside him snuggling into his chest I released more tears, He rubbed my back and whispered sweet things to me in my ear. Even though he didn't know what was going on, he's always here to comfort me first then let me tell him what's going on when I'm.

I finally brung myself together and opened my mouth to speak.

" Chance I-I'm ...... I'm p-pregnant. " I said softly. It was a long silence then he spoke.

" How far along? " He asked looking down at my 5'2 figure.

" As of today, I'm 2 and 1/2 months. " I told him sitting up leaning against the headboard.

" That's basically 11 weeks? And I'm just finding out? " He chuckled making me give him a weird look.

" What's funny? I just found out myself. I went to the doctors for a physical and they told me I was pregnant. "

" You! That's what's funny, I thought you was on birth control. " He said with an attitude.

" Yes I was on birth control, but I ran out of pills. You couldn't wait to have sex so we did, and your dumb ass didn't use a condom nor did you bother to pull out. " I told him making him reconsider the attitude.

" What the fuck are we going to do with a baby, Dakota? Please tell me? You so irresponsible sometimes I swear man. " He said raising his voice while standing to his feet.

" You acting like everything's my fault! It takes 2 dumb ass, I had my whole life a head of me. I'm suppose to be graduating High School this year, and going to College next fall. I know one thing though, I won't be aborting my baby. So you need to take responsibilities for your fucking actions and fast! " I told him taking a step forward while pointing my finger in his face.