Life Dreams - Chapter 1

June 20, 2013

Dakota Wright | Kota

I sat up for a minute trying to get myself together before my sister Keyana woke up. I stretched before picking up my iPhone 5 and checking the time. It was exactly 12:38 p.m.

This was a regular thing for Kee and I, we'll be up all night and sleep all day. Being teenagers we usually we're out partying or running the streets, I was broken out my thoughts to my phone vibrating in my hand.

I looked at the screen to see my Godsister Brittany calling. "Hello?" I spoke while rising from my bed. "Bitch come over, I know you and Kee dressed." Britt yelled through the phone.

I walked in the bathroom while putting the phone on speaker and sitting it on the bathroom sink, I then replied.

"Actually trick if you must know, I am not dressed and I just woke up. Kee dumb ass somewhere probably hung over." I said back.

"How? She ain't even do nothing, but take one little ass shot. I'll just sip my tea, just hurry up and come thru." Britt said with an attitude.

"Bitch you knew, but alright I'll call you when I'm done getting dressed." I hung up and got into the hot shower, taking my Japanese Cherry Blossom body wash to scrub my body.

After 25 minutes of washing my body I got out of the shower and walked into my room going into my closet, getting out a pair of denim light jeans, my white shirt with the black stripes and my black converse.

I dropped my towel and put on my undergarments then rubbed on some lotion. After I was done and finally dressed, I walked into the kitchen to see Granny and Kee.

"Good Afternoon family." I said with a smile on my face then grabbed a piece of toast that my grandmother had on the plate.

"Stop yelling!" Kee said dropping her head on the table. "Afternoon Baby girl, Did you call your father back?" My grandmother asked while giving Kee some aspirin and a glass of water.

"Nope!" I simply stated with a mug. Yesterday my dad was supposed to be taking me and Kee out to Lunch but apparently he was to busy that he forgot about his daughters. So of course I didn't want to speak with him.

"He said he was sorry and he'll make up to you and Kee." She said with a small smile hoping that'll make me change my attitude about him. I shook my head then turned to Keyana.

"Where you and Mir step off to last night?" I asked her. Khamir known as Mir is her on and off boyfriend for 2 years.

"We went to his car to talk." She said with an attitude, I already knew how that went so I replied with a simple Oh.

I got up from the table and walked into my room grabbing my phone, clutch, and keys before saying goodbye to everyone.

Once I opened the door, I was quickly irritated by the person standing in front of me. "Why are you here?" I asked my ex, Kenny.

"You know why I'm here man. When you going stop avoiding me like you wasn't screaming my name 4 months ago." He said with a cocky smirk, I rolled my eyes

"Just give it up and you know I'm with Chance, besides that was a mistake I made out of anger. Chance and I aren't breaking up over it either so if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see my sister." I said pushing past him.

I walked a few apartments down before I got in front of Britt's apartment. I walked straight to her door banging on it, moments later the door swung open to my god mother greeting me with a smack on the hand for banging on her door.