Breakfast

Freya somehow managed to stay asleep during the night. Whether this was her brain shutting down for some peace for several hours, or Loki's doing, it was a concept firmly in her mind the next morning.

Her eyes stayed closed and felt heavy but her nose was definitely on full alert and trying to suss out what the incredible smelling scent was that filled her nostrils right now. Her stomach grumbled sadly, which was a subtle reminder that she hadn't eaten properly since the day before yesterday.

"Jeez if that won't wake her I don't know what will" Zemo commented on the flaming rashes of bacon crisping up in the pan that Bucky's' hand was holding. "Who are you feeding? A pack of wolves?"he said sarcastically.

Bucky chuckled slightly, flipping the second pan filled with pancake mix, "I'm feeding an ex soldier, a God, you and hopefully a sad lil' lady over there" he replied nodding towards Freya.

"She won't eat. I couldn't even get her to drink last night" Loki remarked as he re entered from the balcony. He had watched Freya sleep during the night, ensuring that she remained undisturbed but he had to use his charms to stop her from stirring on several occasions. It pained him to hear her whimper and cry. Loss was something all too familiar with him and so her grief, was his also.

"Well, let's hope some maple bacon pancakes changes that" Bucky was in an unusually upbeat mood. Whilst he was saddened by the loss for Freya and obviously concerned for her wellbeing, the intel they had gathered was sending them in the right direction which for him, was a victory in itself. Even if it did come with consequences.

"How about we tone down this...'mood' you're in" Loki said firmly. "It's hardly a time to be prancing around like nothing has happened. The poor girl watched her friend die in front of her and..." he stopped when a small noise appeared from behind him. He turned on his heel to see Freya sat upright, clearing her throat to interrupt him. "Freya. I'm sorry, did we wake you?" he said in a quieter tone.

She shook her head, wrapping a blanket around her, "No, the smell did" the corner of her mouth lifted as she leant sideways to look past Loki at Bucky and his array of foods. "Enjoying yourself there?" she chuckled.

Bucky grinned and held up a plate with a maple soaked pancake decked with a whipped cream smiley face, "Breakfast?"

She sighed disappointingly that her growling stomach hadn't quite told her brain just yet that it was hungry and needed to eat, instead her thoughts remained in a tangle, "Not right now Bucky. Sorry, thank you though it does smell amazing. You guys eat" she encouraged them.

Bucky offered a sympathetic smile in return whilst shovelling a streak of bacon in his mouth. Of course after dipping it in a pot of maple syrup. Zemo looked on in disgust.

"How can you eat that? No wonder you Americans are so fat" he commented shaking his head whilst leaning over to grab a healthier breakfast option, a banana.

Bucky lifted his t shirt revealing his chiselled abs, "Hmm...I don't see what you're referring to" he looked back up at Zemo with a smug smile.

Zemo rolled his eyes and stood from his chair, "I'm going to shower. I can feel the bacon grease on my skin" he shuddered as he left the kitchen.

Loki joined Freya on the sofa and sat beside her, "How did you sleep?"

"Not too bad all things considering" she replied, her voice croaky from her scream filled cries. She ran her hand through her messy hair, still clinging onto the blanket for warmth and comfort.

"Good. You should eat" Loki insisted.

"I'm not hungry but thank you" she replied, Loki offered her a disapproving look and grumbled,