Y/n let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, cussing under her breath when Josuke raised a brow at her confused.

"What I'm saying is...uh...that thing! At Rohan's house! T-the thing he read on my file," Y/n rubbed a hand over her face frustrated with herself. "I...it was about you."

"Uh huh you said it before-"

"It was something really positive about you!" she blurted out.

Josuke was now stunned and before she knew it, his face had started to turn red.

"I-is that so?" he looked away, rubbing the back of his neck. "T-That's nice then."

"Y-yeah it is..."

If y/n couldn't pick a better location, it has to be the bloody bread spreads aisle in the grocery store.

"Look y/n," Josuke started, letting out a huge sigh. "There's something I just really wanted to say to you for a very long time- no well, it hasn't been a really long time? Or has it? Urgh I don't know but that's not the case." he looked at her, his navy blue orbs meeting her e/c eyes.

"I....will say it first!"y/n insisted.

"Hey wait no this is special to me I want to say it first-"

"No this is more special to me I've been confused for so long but screw it!" she squeezed her eyes shit and muttered as softly as she could. "I like you Josuke Higashikata."

Josuke didn't reply which caused her to panic and open one eye.

In front of her stood a terribly flustered Josuke with a hand over his red face.

The both of them said nothing for a very long time until Josuke let out a small cough.

"I..would say the same."

Silence ensued them once more as they stood there until a mother with a pram said excuse me and Y/n scurried to Josuke's side.
She mumbled a sorry and the two of them continued to stay there standing in front of rows of jam.

"Let's finish shopping," y/n mumbled, taking the basket from Josuke. He stopped her, gently grabbing her hand instead.

"I'll hold the basket, you can uh...." his face became even more redder. "you can hold my hand." he mumbled the last part, averting his eyes.

Y/n blushed madly and looked away too, sliding her hand into his.
He laced his fingers between hers and held it gently.

Hand in hand, the two of them continued to shop for groceries.

•••

The way home was awkward, well even more than usual because Josuke and y/n were still holding hands.

Y/n considered letting go to help Josuke with the three bags of groceries he had in the other hand but he gave her a quick 'no I wanna hold your hand' as a reply.

"You're still not gonna let me hold them?" she asked as she held onto one bag with her free hand.

"No," he replied, giving her hand a squeeze. "I can't imagine you lugging these groceries by yourself."