Twenty-six

And you see as Shiro catches his hand and holds his Captain back with force before he runs out.

"What are you doing?!" shouts Law at him, stepping back with a darkened face.

"You're upset," answers the brown-haired man calmly. His gentle eyes have strange toughness now. "I can't let you rush there. The war ended mere weeks ago, and there's a chance Doflamingo is on that ship. Don't take such a risk without a plan."

"I take whatever risk I want, Shiro," says the other, but he doesn't continue his way.

"I doubt it came here by chance. They might be looking for you!"

"Doflamingo is still hunting you?" you ask silently.

"I betrayed him, as Cora-san did," answers Law with a trembling voice. "He died for it, but not me. And that man wanted my Devil Fruit for something. I have an idea what it is, but I'm not sure. He won't forgive me, no matter how much time passes."

"We should submerge for now," says Shiro, folding his arms. "[Y/N] needs to heal, and I doubt we would get away without fighting if we don't leave."

"You know this is the right choice," you look at him, stepping closer to take his hand.

Law looks at you, and his bright, golden gaze runs over your features as you tighten your hold around his skin.

Shiro's tense body relaxes as his Captain runs his fingers through his black hair, and takes a deep breath to calm down.

"Go and submerge the ship. We'll join you soon and make a plan. I have to talk with Wreny for a few minutes here," says the Captain when he sees as Bepo returns with the others. "But send two of us out, who doesn't have a bounty. We must know if Doflamingo's here. We can't risk getting trapped in a Birdcage. Stay close to the shore and come back after they've left the ship. He won't be staying in there, so if you don't see him leaving, we're good.

"I'll go," nods Shiro. "With Clione."

"Be careful and call me if anything's off," answers Law, watching with worried eyes as his crewmates leave.

You shiver and let go of his hand when he leans to the wall and scowls. A few minutes pass in silence before the submarine shakes and start its way down from the sea surface.

"Shiro was right. I mustn't rush," he whispers with a low, hoarse voice. "My past with Doflamingo isn't a priority now. We have to get the ancient weapon, or destroy it. That's the only thing we can do to set you free."

"I don't see a realistic chance for that. We don't know its location or appearence" you shake your head. "And even if we get it, where can we go? Can't get away with such a thing."

"I'll destroy it," he states with deep determination. "If there is a chance, I will take it."

You sit down on his table and caress the little wren silently, thoughts running around your mind. Law takes place on his bed, watching you.

"They will be fine. I know if you're worried, but Shiro can take care of them. He's one of our strongest."

You pull back your hand when the nestling chirps, then look at the man. He doesn't say a word at first, only stands your gaze for a while. His eyes soften from your sight and he reaches for you.

"Come here, Wreny," he whispers.

You thrill from his caring voice, and go closer so he can hug you as you sit on his thighs, embracing his torso with your legs.

Law hums silently and kisses your forehead, then strokes your hair tenderly. And he takes your hand, guiding it under the loose, white shirt.

"I want to show you something before we talk to the others."