Five

Reader's POV

You take a deep breath and walk back on the corridor, trying to find your place on the ship.

Maybe for the first time in your life you have nothing left. You feel empty, without anything that would connect you to your life.

It's like you watch yourself from the outside without a chance to understand the emotions rushing through your mind like an avalanche.

"[Y/N]!" shouts someone, and you shiver at the loud voice. Penguin and another man catch up to you. "Are you okay? You ran away so fast when we came back."

"We're diving in minutes, don't go out anymore," says the one in sunglasses.

"What was your name again?" you turn to him, silencing the aching thoughts.

"Oi, you."

"Not funny," you answer, lifting the bandages Law gave you. "Your Captain passed this over to me. But even I know fractured ribs shouldn't be wrapped around."

The two men exchange a look then Penguin takes it from you.

"He wouldn't give it to you if it's not useful. Right, Shachi?" he asks, holding it towards the lightbulb to examine the white fabric.

Shachi.

"Of course," agrees the other, taking the bandage.

When he sniffs it loudly, you recoil a little.

"It's healing fabric," he shouts happily, and you scowl.

"It's what?"

"Law makes these when he has time, but we never have a lot. It's a very long and complicated process, you know. Bandages soaked in medicine and herbs. It'll get you better in no time."

So he wanted to help.

Not just a little.

They give it back, and you smile faintly.

"Thank you. I'll go and put it on."

"You can put it on here. We don't mind."

"You wanna see that don't you?" you laugh softly. "Just show me a room where I can have a shower and be alone."

They guide you to the crew's bathroom, but Penguin catches your arm at the last moment when you want to step in.

"What are you doing, [Y/N]? That's the men's."

"Then why did you lead me here?" you lift a brow, and they smirk.

"Shachi!"

"A second. I swear it was somewhere here," he murmurs, rummaging through his pocket.

You tilt your head in confusion when he pulls out a black skirt sticker, placing it on the man's silhouette on the door.

"Done?" you ask.

"One more sec," answers Penguin, joining his friend. You anxiously stand from one foot to another as he sticks a pink ribbon on the figure's head.

"And we present you the women's bathroom of the Heart Pirates!" they shout in perfect synch, sliding to the two sides of the door.

You bite your lip to hold back what you feel.

Because even if they are smiling so brightly, you see the sadness in their eyes.

They try to cheer me up.

"Thank you."

And your smile slowly disappears as you walk inside.