"Something is wrong," I say even though I was sure, it sounded like a question.

"Am sorry Adithi." He tells me crashing down on the sofa.

"What happened? Will you tell me?" I as him taking hold of his hands, as he turns towards me.

"I want to be happier for you. I want to be myself again so you don't feel bad. I try to act like that today but it was hurting me inside out." he sobs lightly. It seems that he is on the verge of tears.

Poor boy did it for me."You don't have to do things that are hard for you. It takes time to heal and you must give it time to heal." I don't know from where these words are coming but one thing is for sure, I can't see him hurt and I would do anything to not make him feel that.

"But you guys acting like everything is alright, it makes me scared that we will forget his existence, that we won't be remembering him at all." He tells me this time tears coming out.

"We will never forget him Karthik. For me, he was my inspiration. For Sharath, he was a mentor. For Meera, he is a savior, and for Rahul, he was a good friend. We all respect him and cherish him, that a day doesn't go out as planned if we don't think of him. Dad is a great man, and you as his son will remember him the most." I tell him I myself tearing at the words coming out of my mouth.

"My dad's death has left me with too many irrational fears." He says gulping down as if what he is about to say is the most important one.

"You know you can tell me anything if you are willing to," I tell him tightening my grip on his hand.

" I really loved the last days I spent with him. He has been more than a dad to me.  The fact that he left me after he got close to me, makes me think." He takes a deep breath before continuing.  " Will all the people I love leave me if I get close to them? Will you leave me if I get close to you ?" his voice cracking as every word came out. His eyes were peering at me for a serious answer. The atmosphere around us was tense, but most of all this became an open conversation. A conversation that we needed the most. I nod my head while crying at every word.

I put my hands on his cheeks, I give him a light peck on his cheek." No, it will never happen. This." I say pointing to our joined hands "Will be forever Karthik, A life ahead of us. A life filled with happiness and fun awaits us. We went through a lot apart and together which just made us stronger than ever, bolder than ever. Life is meant to move forward, and it is also factual that people come and go, but one thing is for sure we are meant to be together from start and I believe that. From the start, I never made a move to get you, even when you told me to leave I just left. But this time and every next time I will fight for you. I will get you back even if anything happens. I will be there to get you back. You belong here in my heart and nothing will change between us. Even if it did, it would be a positive change. Believe me." I rant out my whole monologue which he listens to very keenly. We both look at each other soaking in the moment and also processing the words that came out of my mouth.

The air around us starts to calm, his eyes start to glisten with hope. Talking really helps both of us.

"I love you Adithi. I should have known from the start that you belong with me. But that's past now. Past can't be changed, what can be changed is the future, our future together. We are really meant to be and even I promise to fight for you. We will be in this together. I love you Adithi, I love you so so much!" he says his forehead now resting on mine.

We savor every second of the moment. This moment had sure thought me that fighting for the one you love is not wrong. What is wrong is not even trying to get to them. Which I did for 10 years. But now I understand that I had to stand up to get the person I love- him.

"Karthik-" is what comes to my mouth before I place my lips on his, it's a slow one with zero passion but most of all it's about love and each other's presence. We are meant to be together for sure. This may not be a happy ending to a chapter in life. But this sure is the right ending for us. The time ahead for us is made to heal ourselves and we will do that together.

At least this will make this a happy ending.

Love you Karthik, Love you.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hey!
Indeed I was fast enough to post a chapter. Am I proud of myself? Hell Yeah!
Before you guys get confused, this is not the end. This is just the end of their problems and there is more.
They have a happy life ahead which you guys obviously need to see! You were with them at the saddest of times, it only makes sense if you guys are at their happiest of times!
So buckle up, cause the next chapters will be a hell of a ride!

They have a happy life ahead which you guys obviously need to see! You were with them at the saddest of times, it only makes sense if you guys are at their happiest of times!So buckle up, cause the next chapters will be a hell of a ride!

~Author