5| Forged Signatures

Start from the beginning

"You're in for a surprise. My dear sister is downstairs and she came back bearing gifts." He answered my questioning look and I pressed my lips together, certainly not liking the smug look on Carden's face.

"What is that?" I questioned as I took a step towards the door of my room, motioning Carden to follow.

"I don't think I know how'd you react to this but at the same time I feel like you'll pull another Azalea." He said, sounding as if he was speaking to himself rather than to me.

Pulling an Azalea, according to the Cohen siblings, meant that I'd give a totally unbothered reaction because I'm not well-versed in behavioural/societal norms.

So it basically means, 'I'd give a why the fuck do you think I care' response or 'I'd give no reaction at all'.

I didn't bother to question him anymore, because I'd just find out anyway....

So why put myself through the distress of talking?

We walked down the stairs and the smugness on Carden's face kept growing bigger with every step we descended.

"Where's your sister?" I asked and checked the time on my phone.

"AVIANNA–" Carden instantly yelled, causing me to purse my lips disapprovingly.

"IN HERE." Avianna yelled back and I took a casual look around the room while waiting for her to come out.

"LIELA ISN'T GOING TO COME THERE.. SO HELP YOURSELF." Carden yelled again and grinned at me, while I shrugged my shoulders in response.

I really wasn't...

"There are more people?" I asked Carden, as I heard more than one footsteps coming towards the living room.

"Yes." He replied and I nodded my head.

Well, I figured but okay...

Soon enough Avianna came into view, followed by five kids who were all intently staring at me.

I looked at the cherish grin on Avianna's face and already knew who the extra uninvited people in my house were.

The siblings—

"I see you're going somewhere." Avianna said and I gave her a confused look.

Of course I was going out, or why else would I get ready in a fucking dress–

And these people says I'm clueless,

"Yeah, it's been a while since I got laid." I replied and Avianna smacked her head before sending me a glare, while Carden burst out laughing.

What did I do?

She then turned to face the kids, four of whom had their mouths opened, almost as if shocked, and a small child looked at me weirdly.

"So guys, you have already met my annoying older brother, and this beautiful stoic faced girl is your older sister, Leila Cohen." Avianna said while looking at the kids who nodded at me.