26.

Guess who’s back! 

Waking up had never been that hard before. Waking up with a hangover was way easier than waking up knowing Raphael wouldn’t be there. She didn’t even want to open her eyes for twenty minutes straight, but after a while it started to tire her.

She counted down from three to one before actually opening her eyes. Apart from her laying in it, the bed was completely empty.

Before she could even break out in tears, she went to go take a shower. She wasn’t going to stay in bed up to the point he’d come back; that’d make her more depressed than she already was. No, she wanted to work and go shopping to get her mind off of things.

After her shower she wanted to go downstairs to make something to eat really quickly before heading out, but she had the biggest shock of her life when she opened the door. A huge frame stood with his back in front of the door, blocking the view for her.

He was dressed in a black suit, was bald and had an ear wire. That was all she could tell from the back.

She tapped his back and he slowly turned around, to her astonishment, because she was very convinced he couldn’t even feel it. He was that muscular and broad.

That exact stone-cold face was way too familiar to her and she stared at him for a little while to figure where she knew his face from. She tilted her head from left to right, trying to recall who he was as she studied his hard facial features.

“Oh! It’s you!” The day she met Raphael, he had two other people with him. Just one had introduced himself and that was Harvey. The other, being this man, hadn’t and she hadn’t seen him ever since then either. “May I ask what you’re doing here?”

Instead of replying to her, he replied to his earpiece while keeping his eyes fixated on her.

“Okay…” she mumbled. It didn’t seem like he was going to step aside either so she too just stared at him while he was talking to whoever.

“Sir told me to guard you while he’s not here,” he spoke. Just when she thought Raphael’s voice was really low-pitched, this man proved her wrong. “The name is Caspar, ma’am.”

They shook hands and she was certain the bones in her hand were broken, because that handshake was nowhere near gentle. His hand was way bigger and chubbier than hers to begin with, but that didn’t stop him from giving her an intimidating handshake.

“It’s alright, you can call me Rose.” She took a step forward, hoping he’d get the point she wasn’t feeling this conversation in the doorway and wanted to go downstairs, but he wouldn’t let her get through.

“Whereto, ma’am?”

“Rose, it’s Rose, and I want to go downstairs and go to work.”

“Hm,” he buzzed before talking to his earpiece again. Then he finally stepped aside to let her pass.

“Do you want something to eat too, Caspar?” she asked. All he did was stare at her and follow her everywhere around the house. Instead of being extremely annoyed like she usually would be, she appreciated the fact that Raphael had done this for her even though Caspar wasn’t very talkative.

“No, ma’am.”

                                                      After plotting the entire time, he had come up with an idea. Killing wasn’t what he was initially going for, but if that was what had to happen, he had to do it.

But when they entered the warehouse, there was no one there, he could tell immediately. It was one huge space, no backdoors, and no other rooms apart from this large one, so it was obvious they weren’t there.