22.

Time isn’t a thing for this story, but it would be sooooo weird if it would be Valentine’s day and it doesn't make any sense if you do some rational thinking, so I had to use my imagination and make up a day lol.

Sister Maria Day a.k.a. Valentine’s day 2.0, but a million times bigger.

It was something regional, not even national. Sister Maria was like a local legend, that obviously being the reason she had her own day dedicated to her. She had been a nun and didn’t even know better. As an orphan she had been dropped at the nunnery and once she hit the appropriate age, she became a nun.

Maria was known for running away with a guy she had fallen in love with rather soon. They knew it was a disgrace, but they didn’t care at the moment nor did they do so later while they were living like fugitives. Strangely enough, decades after they left when they decided they wanted to go back, they were looked at as heroes. To some it still wasn’t something to except, especially in that very religious era, but to most it was something that resembled how love could make you do crazy things. Crazy, but good things. Even the majority of her fellow nuns praised her for doing what she did.

Maria running away made a whole new perspective come to life around town. She had managed to combine both choosing the one she loved and still maintained her religion. Back then, it wasn’t very common for people to choose the ones they wanted to spend their lives with and this happening drove them to just go for it, especially because an ex-nun had set an example.

The day both Maria and her love returned and got a heart-warming welcome was officially pronounced as Sister Maria day ever since then.

In college, Denise, Hazel and Rose had a tradition on Sister Maria day. During the day, they usually went out on dates. Somehow they always managed to have a fling around that time of the year. Then, in the evening, they debated whether to just stay home and be emo or go out. They always stayed at home, stocked a lot of ice cream and chocolate and just watched chick flicks until they couldn’t anymore.

And this year it seemed Rose was about to join the three, again.

Just like Christmas this was too much celebration for Raphael. Rose thought he didn’t even know when Sister Maria day was, because he hadn’t said anything about it.

But, he did know when it was since he annually made sure he didn’t leave his house. He couldn’t stand the idea of passing millions of red hearts and overly affective couples all around the city.

Valentine’s was very much underrated around there; it was almost like a regular day apart from there being a lot of chocolate everywhere. On Valentine’s day Rose and Raphael hadn’t spent the day together and she didn’t really care. One, he was out of the country then and two, Maria’s was way more important.

“I think we all should come to peace with the fact we’re not going out tonight so let’s just pick out the movies we want to watch, then we don’t have to do that tonight.”

“I’m passing home and then I’ll get the food. See you tonight.” She was unusually down on Sister Maria day. Normally she kind of did have someone to spend it with since she went out on dates with guys she actually liked during that time of the year. Even though she’d go home afterwards and be all depressed with Denise and Hazel about not really having someone, it was close to having one. Now, she was married and still didn’t have someone.

She knew what she got herself into, because she knew he did not like festive things at all, but still.

She placed all the roses she had gotten in the huge vase she had put Tobiasz and Donat’s roses in too. When Raphael had found out where those particular roses came from, he threw them out of the window and made her watch them fall onto the busy street.