Xiao-Trust Me

Y'all, besties, you gotta listen to this remake of Xiao's theme song, it's soo good. I just had to use it.

Happy New Year!

AN: Listen to the music while reading!

"Xiao!"

"Hm?"

I sprint up to Xiao and tackle him in a hug. He nods but doesn't hug back. I know he loves me though.

"Your favorite person is here now!"

"Where are they?"

I pout and he gives me a slight smile before finally looking up at me.

He holds up two pocky sticks, "Want some?"

Before I start to say yes he sticks them into my mouth.

"Of course you do."

I pout but say nothing as I eat them happily. After I finish them we start walking, "You know, you don't have to walk home with me every day. I can walk home by myself just fine."

"Tch. Yeah right, and when you are killed, It will be my fault if you go missing and your body is found later. Yeah, no thanks."

I loop my arm through him and he continues looking in front of us as he hands me the box of Pocky sticks, "I don't want them."

He doesn't like to say it but I know that he cares for me a great deal. He loves pockys but chose to give them to me because he cares.

I smile and take the box from him and start eating some. I look up at him but he looks distracted, lost in thought, and yet he seems to be paranoid about everything around him. Even more than usual.

"Are you okay?"

He finally looks over at me with a serious look, "I'm fine. You can never be too cautious when you are out at night."

"If someone were to "hypothetically" attack me, would you really save me or would you run away?" I say jokingly.

He starts to slow down and he gives me a serious look before coming to a complete stop, "No. I would do anything to protect you. I would protect you with my life."

"Oh don't be so serious all the time, I'm only joking."

He seems to relax a bit but stays tense all the way to my house.

I ignore it and continue walking home.

As soon as we make it to my house I open my door and Xiao follows right behind me.

"You're staying over tonight?"

"Yes."

"Not that I don't love your unexpected visits but you've been acting really strange ever since I saw you a few minutes ago." I frown and he notices my unease.

He quickly closes and locks the door behind him, "The truth is, I've been having this feeling of unease all of sudden lately. Something just doesn't feel right. Something bad is going to happen. I just know it."

For the next 20 minutes, he travels from room to room making sure that everything is secure and locked.

"Everything is still locked from the last time you were over and made sure to lock everything," I say in a sarcastic tone.

Suddenly I hear the loud sound of glass shattering and Xiao instinctively gets in front of me protectively.

"I knew I could sense them." He mutters to himself.

"Who?"

But before he can answer footsteps are heard from the kitchen coming closer and closer. Xiao quickly grabs my hand and rushes me out of the house. "Where are we going? Who were those people?"

"I'll answer later, hurry, we gotta go."

"Let's take my car, I have my keys in my pocket."

"No time, they'll track your car."

"Why??"

"Hold on."

I grab onto him and in an instant flash we are inside of his house."

"How-what-" I gasp, "You have a vision don't you?!"

He sighs and places me on the ground, "Come on, we have to keep moving, it's only a matter of time before they find us."

"They who? Where are we going? I'm not leaving until I have answers."

Annoyed he sighs and holds my hand, looking into my eyes, "I have to tell you the truth, I'm a Yaksha."

He pauses, "I was sent here to protect you."

"Why do I need protection?"

"Because your soul is in the purest form. Those things that were chasing us-they were demons. They want you because you are pure and they want to corrupt you."

I gasp and sit down, feigning the desire to puke.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you sooner."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner, we're best friends."

"In truth, it's more complicated than I can say

"In truth, it's more complicated than I can say. The one thing I can say for sure is that we're connected. We're tied together. Our fates are sealed to be together. Keeping this in mind, you must trust me. Do you?"

I calm down before saying, "Of course I do."

"Good. Because just as a sweet flower blooms to be harvested, our fates are tied. We are bonded. I will always find you when you are in danger. But for now, we must leave."

He extends out his hand and I take it, "I will follow your lead."

He smiles, "Then let's head out shall we?"

I nod, "To where?"

"To Cloud Retainers Abode. An old friend."

AN: Besties, who are you guys pulling for? (I can't remember if I asked this in the last chapter or not). I'm pulling for Xiao, wish me luck. :)

Also sorry if this chapter seems rushed, it definitely was rushed because I'm hungry and need food and I need to watch my Asian dramas.

Do you guys watch K-dramas/Asian dramas? If so, which ones? I just finished one on Netflix called, "Victims Game" which was pretty good. I plan on finishing "My Name" or "The Silent Sea" or I might watch an anime. :)