Diluc-Petals and Roses

I'm so sorry guys, I haven't uploaded in like a month. Long story short, I'm back, kinda. I haven't had any motivation to write. I have a ton of ideas but no motivation. Anyways, I'm back. 

Also, we've reached over 2k reads, thanks so much, everyone. All of your comments have made me laugh and have been an encouragement for me to continue writing so thank you. 

When I get over my lack of motivation I will try to upload more frequently! Enjoy! 

AN: Listen to the music while reading! 

"My lady, let me help you with that." 

I scrunch my nose in dissatisfaction, "Talk normally as you usually would

I scrunch my nose in dissatisfaction, "Talk normally as you usually would. You know I hate it when you treat me like a princess." 

"Ah, but you are." 

I glare at him, "Whatever. You're my closest friend. I've known you since before we found out who my birth parents were. No need for formalities. Plus, it doesn't suit you." 

I giggle and push away his hand, standing up on my own and wiping the dust off my hands. 

He laughs and relaxes a bit, "Why do you insist on playing in the dirt and weeds? If your mother knew she might have a heart attack." 

I laugh and loop my arm through his as we stroll down the garden, "They're not weeds! They're beautiful roses!" 

"Your mother finds them quite peculiar, if she had it her way, she would have your garden burned." 

"There is nothing wrong with liking black roses! They're divine! Red roses are quite boring." 

He lets out a fake wounded gasp and places his hand over his chest, "Oh how you wound me! I wore this rose just for you and you're here to tell me they're boring! Does that mean that you think that I am quite boring?" 

I giggle and nod, "Quite." I start taking off running towards the house with him running in tow to catch up. 

Before I can make it back to the house, I suddenly stop in front of my scowling mother who then looks back at Diluc and scrunched her nose. 

"Honestly, how can you hang around that brute? He's nothing less than a stable boy." 

I gasp, "He is not! Just because he does not wish to become the next Duke, does not mean that he is, as you say, "wild" and "unhinged". Status is not everything." 

My mothers' frown deepens, "Why can't you marry his brother, Kaeya, he's rather a gentleman and he accepts the position as the next Duke?" 

At that moment Diluc catches up and politely bows to my mother who is undeserving of it, "Good evening duchess." My mother gives him a curt nod and turns back to me. 

"Think about what I said. You will have to make a decision soon. It is almost time for you to wed." 

She turns and walks back into the house promptly.