Chapter I

"Now that you have read about Percy Jackson, now it's time for an untold story to be told. The one who changed the hearts of the ones though heartless. Persephone Astrea Jackson is alive," the Fates announced. The demigods froze in shock, Percy had never mentioned a sister before. Sally and Percy were shocked that she was alive. Poseidon was beyond shocked. A female demigod daughter, the first one ever. Sally and Percy thought she was dead after the hellhounds attacked.

"Summon an Iris-Message and we will show you what happened to her." Iris summoned an Iris Message and soon the life of Persephone Jackson was being shown to all in the Olympian Throne Room.

In the park, Sally Jackson had decided to take her twin children out for some fresh air. She let them wander a bit, keeping a watchful eye on them and their surroundings.

"Cute," commented Aphrodite and she saw the twins.

Soon Sally's protective instincts were flaring. Running towards the twins, she saw three hellhounds appear out of the shadows. The demigods and Poseidon watched in horror, Sally was a mortal, how was she able to protect the twins and herself. The hellhounds soon surrounded the group, circling their targets, before lining up and crouching down. The hellhounds pounced. The demigod's eyes widened in fear. Poseidon looked like he was going to age 20 years. Sally closed her eyes, but never felt anything. The demigods and Poseidon looked happy and more hopeful. Before the hellhounds could reach them, a wall of water had appeared. When Sally looked up she saw that the water from the nearby park fountain was completely empty, all the water was invested into the wall. The demigods looked toward Poseidon thinking he might have intervened to save his children, but when they looked over, Poseidon looked as confused as the rest of the crowd. Sally then saw a sight that horrified her. Her daughter had her small hand up and was controlling the water wall, the only problem was that Persephone was on the opposite side of the barrier. Sally knew that the wall wouldn't hold for a long period of time, so she made the hardest decision of her life, she rushed over the Percy picked him up, and ran as fast as she could away from the hellhounds, and with one last glance over her shoulder she looked sadly at her daughter as she disappeared around a corner and out of sight. 

The girls had tears in their eyes from the sad scene. Poseidon looked devastated, his first female demigod daughter had saved her mother and brother, but sacrificed herself behind. The demigods were also shocked that Persephone had such a good control of water at such a young age.

"You left her?" Clarisse questioned.

"Persephone was on the opposite side of the barrier, I couldn't get to her. I knew the hellhounds would kill us all, so I had to make a judgment call. I will regret what I did, but I wanted to give at least one child a chance to survive." Sally looked close to tears while everyone in the room silently listened. Percy comforted his mom, knowing that the choice she made was often one she thought about, wondering if she would've done anything different that her daughter might still be by their side.. The demigods understood, so many lives were lost in both the second Titan and Giant War. During survival you had to make the hardest decisions, and often you would think back on the 'what ifs.'

"I think a small break is good right now," Athena spoke. The room nodded and everyone was soon lost in their own thoughts.