Chapter 17

The soft moonlight bathed the room in an eerie but calming light. No idea why you woke up in the middle of the night, but it was a nice change of atmosphere. It felt like it was just you and the moon right now. Peaceful silence around you.

A nightly world where everything seemed insignificant and so far away.

The past two days were kinda rough. You didn't remember everything, the fever put you in a dream-like haze. But you recollected red eyes, a pair of crimson and a pair of ruby looking at you. Talking to you. You sensed their emotions, big hands holding yours.

When they said they were looking for me, happy that they found me ... I had difficulties believing it. It was too cliché, this fairy tale ending.

No way there would be a happy end for you. After all, you were still unapplicable in this society. It rather felt like a solar eclipse, where the sun decided to warm the moon in its warmth and give it a short kiss before they all went on their different ways.

Also, you were surprised you weren't handcuffed to the bed, like last time when they found you in the pantry. So, if you wanted you could've bolted out of the room and even off this school. But you hardly felt anything in your arms, so flight right now was out of the window. No pun intended. It might be healed, but your nerves were damaged enough to still feel numbed. Well, rescuing your soulmates was far more important than any damage!

How could you have known that you were important enough to Sparky and the others to rescue you? Or was that simply due to their hero training? You vaguely remembered Kirishima and Bakugou honestly pleading you to not give up.

Your feet slipped out of the bed. It was hard to push yourself up, you hardly felt the sheets under your palms, but you managed.

Looking around, you registered that you were one of the few patients left. The boy with the glasses left yesterday before you woke up. You couldn't even properly apologize and thank him. The cold stone floor under your bare feet quickly woke you fully up.

What to do now? Your cover had been blown to the school, they probably all knew now who you were and what you did. Sparky, Sero and even your soulmates must've been shook. In this case, did it make sense to stay here?

You reached the closest window and leant on it. This room is on ground level, so leaving it would be easy, even with numb arms. They did still move, you tried to hold your hand in front of your face. Slower than usual, but it worked. It just was so weird, moving something attached to you feeling so foreign...

Despite that, you managed to open the window. Thank god you didn't wear a hospital nightgown, but some sort of pajamas.

"And where, tell me, d'you think you're going?"

"Son of a bitch!", you nearly jumped out of your skin! Whirling around, you scanned the room again. Until your eyes met tired purple ones eyeing you in question.

"Name is Shinsou Hitoshi in case you forgot..."

He sat in the chair positioned so far back in the shadow, the purplehead leant his head on the wall. Thus, when you woke up in bed he escaped your visual field. Now he sat there glaring at you with sleep-deprived eyes.

"I repeat: Where the heck d'you think you're going?"

"O-outside. Getting some fresh air.", you tried to catch your breath again.

"I don't think so. You didn't even react when I touched your arm." You stilled. "It's still fucked up, isn't it?"

Moments passed as you silently eyed each other. But in the end, you gave in: "...I feel almost no touch on both arms. But why do you bother?" You looked back at the opened window, feeling a bit proud because you still could open it.