Chapter 10

Leaving the bathroom you spotted the blonde lightning boy at a certain table. The Bakusquad table. Wow, this was one of the things you never believed to see with your very own eyes. And now you actually stood in front of it, fingers lightly grazing the table surface. Oh wow. Here they always ate and laugh and enjoy life. A soft blush heated up your face, imagining the two boys sitting right there. So close...

"I thought we might as well chill here instead of freezing outside."

You hummed, looking through the large windows... would one of them look up they'd clearly see you up there. But no one did, because why would someone expect to be observed each day? Fuck, this again confirmed your weird stalking.

A cup of tea was put in front of you on the table as you sat down, Kami was so kind and organized some drinks, opening up a can of coke for himself.

"You know, Y/N, I always hated it how people just used me as a laughingstock. Calling me stupid and useless all the time. Gave me a really hard time full of anxiety and self-hatred..."

Startled from this, you blinked at the blonde talking so nonchalantly about something so personal.

"It hurt, every time, even if it wasn't intentional or as a joke. But at the end of the second year, I flipped. Hollered at them to leave me the fuck alone. Cussed and flipped them all off. I still regret I didn't zap the whole class.", Sparky was deep in thoughts while playing with his soda can.

"But then the squad reached for me when I curled up into my room. First, I didn't want to, but then Bakugou literally blew the door off the hinges."

Yeah, that sounds just like him. You chuckled.

"In the end, I bawled my eyes out, together with Mina and Kiri. I was caught in a long group hug and felt so much better. Since then, each of them will go for a fight if they hear any more insults like 'stupid' or 'idiot' thrown at me. It helped me so much to get back on track. And Shinsou didn't hesitate to use his quirk to my wrongdoers when they were shitty to me again. Best boyfriend ever."

The tea warmed your body whilst you were listening to Kami's fascinating story.

"What I want to say: There are always people biting you. May it be jealousy, may it be fear or even just because they can, You have to remind yourself you're way more than that. And if you can't do it anymore by yourself, there will always be someone else to do it for you. So please, don't let it get to you. And if there's anything bugging you, tell me, okay?"

Now the tea wasn't the only thing warming your heart and soul. Gratefully, you grabbed Kami's hand and squeezed it. He did it back and you smiled at each other.

"Then, I guess I, too, have to apologize for laughing at you when we firstly met."

Golden eyes turned to the side, trying to remember: "Oh! Oh, this? Don't worry, I usually don't do serious flirts, only with my boyfriend.", the blonde winked at you, "Besides, I picked an extra cheesy pick-up line to get you to smile. It was obvious you were carrying really heavy stuff."

"Yeah, I do.", you leant back again, eyes wandering to the ceiling. Pictures of the past came back, blurred images of horrible scenes...

"Where to start... I don't know how much international news not referring quirks or hero stuff is being broadcasted here. But I remember the press later called it 'The Assault on Amire.'"

Kaminari only shrugged, visibly not recalling anything.

Thus, you sat down and leant back to tell a story which was still raw and open to you. Screams, hot cracking fire everywhere, people fighting, gunshots....