Chapter 12

Harry, Dudley, and Luke were more used as props for the rescue practice than being trained themselves, but it was pretty easy and probably irrelevant to them anyway, and they were technically able to ask to train with 1-A, but Luke was the only one who was actually able to ask something like that, both Harry and Dudley not liking to bother people.

Harry sat in the corner of one of the buildings that was built to be broken, they had been assured they were more than safe to be in, however they might be deliberately damaged at pre-decided points to add the sense of danger, the points being areas the students didn't know of, but the teachers did. He didn't have much to do while he was waiting, but his legs were aching. The ache was rather dull at the moment, but when they had weight on now they hurt, so he had flown to where he was right now on his walking stick.

They had been told not to stick together which meant they couldn't talk, not that Harry had really gotten to the point where he was fully comfortable talking to Dudley yet, but it was clear Luke knew a lot more about the wizarding world than him, and Ron wasn't the best at knowing what he and Hermione did and didn't know. He and Hermione only found out in third year that the Wizarding World had Pride years, and Hermione had to explain Pride as a whole to him. Not having anyone around him, and not having anything to do other wan wait was rather boring.

Harry was supposed to play the part of a quirkless civilian who had been caught up in a villain attack, so he shouldn't cast magic that could alert anyone to his location, as an added point that wasn't what he was told to pretend to do, he definitely couldn't walk which might well make it more difficult for them.

He was thinking about his experiences at Hogwarts thanks to his conversation with Yaomomo, as she told him to call her, earlier. It was slightly amusing, Mr Aizawa and Professor Snape didn't look unalike, but they had a very different air around them. Aizawa was cold and distant, but somehow still approachable and clearly cared about his students, where Harry was sure anyone who wasn't Slytherin would rather face Voldemort than go to Snape for help. In his first lesson he was the only one quizzed, and Snape knew his parents, so surely he would know he was raised by muggles, meaning that he couldn't have known the answers to all those questions and when Hermione answered she was told off and he lost points for focusing on his own potion rather than looking after Neville. And why had they even been making a potion in their first lesson? Every other class took forever before they did anything practical.

And as much as he liked Quidditch and McGonagall (obviously in very different ways), it was rather irresponsible of her to immediately put him on the Gryffindor team after his first time on a broom. She knew his parents, of course, but Harry could have actually been terrible at flying and only had a first time fluke, but he guessed he had been sent out with Oliver. That being said she could have explained things to him when he was being taken there. That being said, the whole thing wouldn't have happened if Mme Hooch had actually helped Neville rather than just yelled at him when he clearly didn't know what was going on.

And Dumbledore can apparate or take the flu network, why on Earth was he gone for days when Voldemort was trying to steal the philosopher's stone? And why would he hire Lockhart given how obvious it was that he was a fake from the very beginning.

"Hello!? Anyone here need any help!?" Harry heard a call from a voice he recognised, but he hadn't remembered the voices of anyone in 1-A other than the teachers and Yaomomo.

Harry started coughing, as that was one of the things he was told he could do to alert people to his location, and also because he had inhaled some of the dust he had accidentally stirred up.

"There's someone in this floor!" They called out, running up the stairs, Harry losing breath as he heard the pounding footsteps of multiple people, his eyes starting to water from the lack of air. Unfortunately his movement from coughing and just dislodged more dust, that Harry kept inhaling.