"Namratha! Don't" my dad shouts at my mom. She doesn't say anything except glare at him and moves out.

"When do you plan on starting?" he asks me with authority.

"I already did," I tell him.

"What is your ideal next step?" he asks me as if challenging me if I know anything about starting my company.

"My first and foremost task is to find a place, which I already did, the second one being an idea, which I have been working on for years. Now I need to hire members and start working." I tell him with utmost determination.

"Do you have money to start it?" he asks me – a reasonable question to ask.

"Am short on some. I am gonna search for an investor." I tell him.

"I will be the investor." his voice resounds in the room. No this can't-

"Before trying to negotiate, this will seriously be a business offer. I will offer you money more than what you ask for, on one condition. If your first game doesn't work out and you don't pay me back the amount with a 1% interest rate, you will come back and work for me." He says signaling his assistant to type out a contract.

Without any second thoughts, I accepted it as I believe that my game will earn threefolds than what he gives me.

But what I failed to recognize was he believed in more than I believed myself.

---------

"NO! Dad!" I shout as the beep starts to sound in the room. My mom seems calm as if she has accepted what has happened. Why am I not able to? He left me when he promised he would stay! No, he can't leave me like that.

I run to his already cold body. This can never be happening. Stop!!!!

"Dad! Get up. Please! Doctors! Do something." I shout while visibly the doctors are giving him CPR.

Everyone is around. Every god damn person. I see Sharath in the distance.

"Sharath! My dad didn't talk to you yet maybe he will wake up once he sees you." I tell him shaking his hand. But he doesn't speak.

"Mom! Mom! Please. Mom!" I go and hold her but no one seems to answer.

"Aryan! He promised me, he will spend time with me. Someone, please bring him back. Why are you guys awfully quiet! This is not supposed to happen. This is wrong." I feel anger boiling up inside me every ounce of my flesh is in fire. Not thinking much I walk out of the hospital.

It's raining like hell here. But I walk with no destination in mind. People see me as a weird fool but who cares. Who fucking cares?! I want my dad in front of me right here with me. I want him to crack his dad jokes, make me flustered. Make me irritated. I want him here in front of me.

He told he will be here with me! Why is he not here? I want him back. Back here with me where he is supposed to be.Dad! Please you told me you will stay with me till the end. The end is not here yet. Where did you leave? I Am angry at him,  angry at everyone.

" Karthik wait!" I hear Adithi running behind me.

"Go away Adithi," I shout at her on top of my lungs. It is raining heavily now and I can't see anything. All I see is a blur person standing in front of me when I want to be alone.

"I brought you an umbrella." She says handing me one.

"Get lost," I tell her anger getting the best of me.

"I know you are Angry. Angry he is not beside. Angry you can't do anything. But you need to accept it or it will be harmful to you." She tells me pulling my hand out placing the umbrella in my hand and running away.

If only I had got him checked again and again. If only I was by his side when everything happened. I should have gone faster. It's my fault. Maybe I was a bad child to him. Nothing seems to connect, every piece of information is scattered. With an umbrella in hand and pouring rain, I sit in the middle of the road, water hitting my face every second reminding me how gloomy my surroundings are.

Is it my fault? If only I was there by his side.

"Karthik" I hear a voice behind me. It's Adithi again. She kneels in front of me." I don't know how to react when someone is suffering in front of me. I might not feel as much as you feel but one thing is for sure. Talk it out, cry it out. I am here to listen to you. I am here" she says, holding my hands tightly. Without thinking much I pull her into a hug. I cry, big bead of tears rolling down from my face.

"Adithi! He left me and I didn't even get a chance to tell him how much I love him." In response she just rubs my back indicating me to continue." It's hard to imagine life without him. Will I become nothing? If I don't have him by my side. Is it really the end of things with him. I want him by my side, I want him to tease me. Like always. I have this huge void in my heart. Will it ever fill? Will I end up forgetting him?" She just pats my back.

" Karthik, he is by our side maybe not in physical form. His memories will be the ones that will keep us going. They will be there to remind you to make the right decisions. Small everyday actions will remind you of him. At first, it might hurt pretty bad. It might feel you are nothing on the inside. But I promise a day will come when his memories will make you smile like before. I will be there by your side. For now, let's go back. We need to say dad our proper goodbyes right. Let's go," she tells me picking me up.

That's how he left me, but I promise, forever his memories will stay. They will.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hey!
I know I have kinda gone missing after that huge deal of the chapter. I was scared to write about death or after death because I know nothing I never experienced the death of a closer one in my family. With a little bit of imagination and also information about it on the internet, I was able to put forth this chapter.
Hope you felt Karthik's emotions and why he reacted differently from others you will know in the next chapter which I still need to write. I will try my best to post it faster so it doesn't feel as if the story doesn't flow.
Please tell me if it needs changes!
Please keep supporting!

~Author