10

Minho didn't get any more sleep that night. His thoughts were too busy and his eyes were fixated at the bedroom door. He fully expected Jisung to come back at any point, but he never did. Minho couldn't stop seeing the desire for murder in his boyfriend's eyes as he attacked him and the way it left in a snap, exactly when he said the words "I love you". He knew it was connected to their problem – the monster – in some way. But, he didn't know how, yet.

He ignored the sun which has woken up and shined right into his face. It was the alarm he set for quite early in the morning that made him snap back to reality. He has decided to go back to work. The boss was his friend that was more than familiar with his situation and it was actually his idea to give Minho some time off. He was thankful. He couldn't imagine going into an office right after visiting his loved one in a mental hospital – it would be too much.

He had to pass through the living room to get to the kitchen. As he walked around the tiny couch, he stopped to watch Jisung who was sleeping peacefully, his legs dangling off the edge since he was way too tall for it. He was hugging one of the decorative pillows, nuzzling it into his face. Minho sighed fondly, fixing the blanket which has fallen down on the floor and giving Jisung a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, Hyuk...Are you free today?" he called one of their friends as he sat behind the kitchen island, sipping on a cup of hot coffee. "I have to go to work, but I am too scared to leave Jisung alone for too long...Would you come and check up on him? I am sure he will be happy to see you after a long time."

"Hell yeah!" Hyuk replied enthusiastically. "Haven't seen my boy in ages...Is he doing better?"

Minho bit his tongue, preparing it for a sweet little lie. "Yes, much better. Thank you so much, I owe you one."

Once he finished his coffee, it was exactly the time to go. The weather was way too cold for how he dressed up. His whole body was shivering and every time he breathed out, a cloud of smoke escaped his mouth.

It really has been a long time since he worked. Waking up this early to go into an office in smart attire such as a white shirt and a tie seemed almost absurd to him. He worked at a publishing company. They recruited ambitious writers that wanted to get their story out there and tried to make it happen. He loved his job, though it was also boring from time to time. Jisung sometimes joked that he would write a book just to have a chance to work with Minho, since the idea to have meetings with him every week seemed very appealing.

"Hey, Chan," he greeted his boss who was sitting on one of the sofas in their office. He was holding a mug full of steamy liquid and staring at one of the meeting rooms that had walls made of glass. One of their co-workers was having a meeting there with someone – probably a new potential writer.

"Hey, it's you-oh my god!" Chan smiled at Minho, before he looked down and saw some dark red marks around his neck. He reached to touch them, his eyes getting filled with worry.

"It's nothing, you should see the other guy," Minho joked, bursting into a fit of laughter. He stopped once he noticed Chan's serious expression. "Uhm, it's really okay."

"You should see a doctor, or something, Minho. It looks kind of bad. You had quite some time off, one more day won't kill my schedule-"

"No," Minho jumped into his sentence. "I want to work..."

Chan sighed in defeat, fixing the specs that sat on his nose. He was just like a teddy bear, both because of his personality and looks. Though he liked to make fun of his co-workers, he was a warm person that cared about each one, even if they were new or they didn't particularly like him. He wore cardigans with sleeves that were intentionally longer than his hands and he always had the same brown shoes on. Most writers that just began to work with them mentioned they thought Chan was someone's kid, not the CEO.

"Can we have a word before you start working, then?"

Minho blinked in surprise, but he nodded, putting down all his stuff on the table that he owned which had now collected dust. There were many sticky notes glued to the top of his computer monitor and a photo with Jisung was placed next to a calendar that was filled with important dates.

He followed Chan up the stairs to the rooftop where they could see a lot of used cigarettes scattered around and chairs their co-workers have brought up for their lunch breaks, since they liked to spend them there, all together.

The boss leaned against the railing, waiting for Minho to catch up.

"Jisung did that to you, am I right?" he asked, staring somewhere into the city which was very visible from that height. "Is he getting worse?"

"He has just been discharged from the hospital, actually."

"That is good, right?" Chan squeezed his shoulder. "Why are you so gloomy? You look like you haven't slept well."

"I don't know, hyung..." Minho sighed, suddenly feeling so tired and exhausted, losing the strength in his legs and just sliding against the railing on the ground. He never really realized how much this situation affected him, in the worst way possible.

Chan crouched beside him, offering him a hug, which he took gladly. He wrapped his arms around him in a comforting embrace that Minho needed so badly.

"Take it easy, Minho," he spoke, running his hand across his back. "You love Jisung, right? And, he loves you. I promise that if you keep on fighting, it'll all be better one day. Give it time and continue being strong."

//

I really wanted to update on christmas to wish you merry christmas but oh well 

- Sani