06

"Mister Lee, you broke into the hospital at 1 am, harassed one of the patients-"

"I didn't harass anyone. He is my boyfriend and I had to break in to save him!"

The officer let out a long sigh, taking out a cigarette and lighting it. As he breathed out a puff of smoke, almost right into Minho's face, he asked: "Save him...from the monster?"

"Yes!"

"Mister Lee...I am trying to be as considerate as I can. You are obviously not in the right state of mind. I recommend you getting a session with a professional. Maybe, talking to someone who is experienced in this field might help."

"No, I don't need it," Minho fought, folding his arms and sitting back in the chair.

The officer stood up and walked over to him. He crouched, as though he was speaking to a child and looked at him sympathetically. He was fairly young, almost as though he just got the position after being freshly graduated, but there was a fatherly expression on his face. He cared, but in a way Minho couldn't help, but despise him for.

"This is your last chance. I will let it slide for the last time. But, if you do something like this again? You will be forced to seek help. Go home and stay there."

Minho was furious, but he knew when to stop. He nodded and left through the nearest exit. He walked back home slowly, exhaustion slowly catching up to him. It was way past 3 am at that point. They held him at the station like he was a prisoner, doing all paperwork and asking him the same questions just like last time.

He was probably known as the "delusional guy" or the "monster hunter" or whatever the very clever minds of the police officers could think of. He was aware they doubted him and he knew exactly why they did.

Coming back to his house felt like he was walking into a trap. He looked into every room, every corner, every closet – basically every place where the monster could hide its disturbing body. Then, he noticed. The window still had black stains in the shape of two "hands" on it, now dried. That just reassured him. He couldn't have been making it up.

Because, that's what was going through his mind all along. Was Seungmin right? Did he all just imagine it? Just because the boy he was so head over heels for couldn't possibly go crazy and see hallucinations out of nowhere. He was scared that he unknowingly made it all up just to keep himself "sane".

But, no. It was all real, it must have been.

Minho didn't know what to do. There was no way he could just pretend everything was okay after this. He walked into his bedroom and took out a photo album from a shelf full of Jisung's books. He sat on the bed and started flipping the pages.

The more photos he saw, the sadder he became. After their first date was such a success, leaving them both overflowing with love for each other, they just continued, meeting every Saturday and switching with who would choose the schedule for that date. They made sure to take a photo on each one. They did it even when they graduated schools and started working, though it became less frequent, they still made sure to do it, at least once a month. On each photo, they had bright smiles and flushed cheeks, eyes full of happiness and affection. Minho couldn't recall a time they had a serious fight that wouldn't get resolved in less than an hour. He only remembered being happy with Jisung and never miserable. Until now.

He sighed as a tear fell out of his eye, landing on one of the photos, exactly on Jisung's face.

"I miss it," he whispered, just before something hit him from behind, making him fall against the hard floor and bruising his knees.

"What the!" he screamed.

"Minho!"

The high-pitched, robot-like voice was heard again. Minho turned around on the floor only to see the monster sitting in an unnatural position on the bed, right behind the place he just sat at. It was hunched over like an animal with human legs, almost like a gorilla, but it cradled its arms to its face like a shy child. Was it there the whole time? The thought made all the hairs on his body stand up.

"You're making it so difficult!"

Minho's eyes widened. He collected all the confidence left in his body and asked: "Making what difficult?"

"All of this! You're supposed to hate him! You're supposed to abandon him!"

It shook his head violently, a bone cracking with each movement. It reached for Minho, as if to pet his head, but when it was only a few inches away, a protective blue light appeared, sending the monster back like it was jolted with electricity.

"I will make you hate him! I will! I will!" It screeched once more, showing a set of sharp teeth, before it disappeared, leaving only a smell of gasoline behind itself.

-

It finally snowed <3

- Sani