chapter 14

When I wake up I hear whispers.

"Well I did it once." I think Liam says.

"And you're sure your parents said yes?" Scott asked. The first voice was definitely Liam then.

"Yeah." Liam said sadly.

"Ok then. Ill drop off some of her clothes in the morning before my SAT's." Scott says. I hear a car door open and feel myself being picked up.

"Liam?" I say weakly.

"Hey. You're staying by mine tonight." Liam says looking down at me.

"I can walk you know." I giggled.

"You're as light as a feather." He joked.

"Werewolf." I scoffed playfully.

"Angel." He retorts back. He placed me on the ground. And we walked the rest of the way. I waved goodbye to Scott as Liam opened the door with his keys. "Mom! Dad were home! Oh hey guys." He looks to his right and sees his parents watching tv together.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Dunbar." I waved.

"What have I told you Anastasia." Lyla says standing up along with her husband.

"Sorry." I say bashfully. "Hello. Lyla and David."

"Well you two go on up. Were just gonna finish our show." Liam and I nod. "Oh and Liam." Dr. Geyer stops us. "Remember what I told you on the phone bud."

"Dad." Liam groaned.

"Night kids." Lyla says.

"Goodnight." I replied. We both walked up the stairs and into his room. He closed the door and sat on his bed.

"Why am I here, Li?" I asked sweetly sitting next tom him.

"I don't wanna be alone right now." He looked at me. I grabbed his hand.

"Is it because he took you, or you're worried he's gonna do it again?" I asked.

"He's dead. So's Violet." He tells me. I gasp and look down.

"They can't hurt you anymore." I get off the bed and bend down in front of him.

"Thats now why I wanted you here." He says. I look at him confused.

"The way he talked about you. He said he was going after you next." He breathing starts getting more and more rapid. "I couldn't let that happen. I needed to know you were safe."

"Hey." I put my hand on his face. "I'm ok. I'm here now. And I'll be here when you wake up. I won't leave until I'm sure you're ok." He leaned into my hand and pulled me to my feet. He brings me into another hug and I immediately melt into it. We decided that it was getting late and we should head to bed since its been a long day. "Hey you can borrow one of my shirts. And pants if you need it but those might be too big." He asked.

"Yeah sure." I replied. He picked some stuff out for me and handed it over.

"If you want ill get changed in the bathroom and you can just tell me when to come out." He said and I nodded. He walked into the bathroom with his set of clothes and closed the door. I got changed as quick as possible. When it got to the pants I was thankful their was a drawstring. I pulled them as tight as possible and attempted to tie a knot.

"Are you done?" I heard his voice ask softly.

"Uhh almost." I replied back.

"Ok! Just take your time." He answered back.